What's going on with my skin?

I had fraxel 1927 done 9 days ago and since then my face has darkened and is very rough. My pores appear larger and my skin tone is very uneven. Will this go away and get better?

Uneven Skin Tone

Thank you for your question. I recommend going back to your treating physician to evaluate your hyperpigmentation and any factors (such as your skin type or sun exposure) that may be influencing this. If you do not show improvement with this approach then I suggest you consult with a physician who specializes in laser treatments. I hope this helps!

Danville Plastic Surgeon

The Skin Will Change After Fractional Therapy

Thanks for your question – and my first comment is to make sure that you go back to your treating provider and see if they have any answers for you. We would want to know if you have been in the sun and what kind of post-care skin products are you using. What kind of follow-up are you set to have and have you called the office to see if they know what is going on.

The skin will change after fractional therapy – we want all of that change to be a positive one. So if you are not getting the answers you need, find a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who will help with these concerns and take care of you in an appropriate manner.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel laser and pigmentation

Fraxel laser at the 1927 wavelength is a fabulous laser for removing pigmentation.  Initially you will have redness for two days after the procedure and then some peeling like fine sandpaper for two or three days.  If you have hyperpgmentation nine days later I suggest you consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Fraxel laser to review the settings used and your skin type to assess the results.