Funny concern! 24 days PO and had to push down hard with my upper body strength when chopping a large sweet potato.

24 Days PO & had to dice a LRG swt potato, my counter space is high so I had to use my upper body and arms to push down on my knife to cut the potato.I felt my muscles being used (I have unders)&now my muscles are sore towards my underarms. I'm worried I may have strained my muscles. I checked my breasts&all looks normal I just feel sore. Should I call My PS to check out my breasts? Or am I just being overly paranoid about my recovery? Please help!

Post op pain

At over three weeks postop you should be fine.  A little muscle soreness should go away soon.  If you notice a change in symmetry or severe bruising then you should call your doctor's office.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

You are probably fine but best to be checked out by you surgeon to make sure. Hang in there! As long as the shape and feel are improving week to week, however slowly, there is still hope for the final outcome. Ask you plastic surgeon if there are any compression garments, stretches or massaging exercises that can help speed your recovery.

Cutting food

By about 3 weeks you should be fine to do some physical labor as you describe, but it may cause discomfort from lack of use.

Thank you for your question,

I appears as though you may have just strained your muscle especially if this is your first strenuous activity. I would continue to monitor the appearance of your breasts and if you notice any changes for begin to experience significant pain I would notify your physician.

And I hope that sweet potato tasted delicious.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Strained Musle

Sounds like a strained muscle to me. If you develop any bruising or changes  in the feel the implant, then go back and see your chosen plastic surgeon. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Strained muscle

It sounds as if it's exactly what you thought: a strained muscle. Since there's been no change in the look or feel of your implant, you should be fine. However, if that changes, I would make an appointment to see your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Post-op concern

Hi, CaliGali
From your description, you might have stressed your muscle.  
If your breasts have not changed, you should be okay.
However, it would be best if your plastic surgeon examines you in-person.
Try to take it easy for another 2-3 weeks.
Best regards.

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Using pectoral muscles after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You have to be careful with contracting your pectoralis muscles after sub pectoral breast augmentation.  I would avoid using them actively such as you describe for another two weeks.  If your breasts are not swollen or painful, they are probably ok, but use caution from now on.  Best of luck.

Muscle strain

I do recommend calling your surgeon for a follow up exam just to be sure, but in the absence of any change in appearance or bruising or wound opening, I think it is unlikely that you did any serious damage.  Best of luck!