Want a full body makeover and need your help!!! Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm 5'8 and 270 pounds right now and I plan( hopefully) to weigh 200 by July, should I try and loose more weight than this? I've saved up my money and am ready to do it this summer! I am 18 going on 19 right now and will be studying abroad this coming fall 2016. I would like to get a tummy tuck, BBL, and breast augmentation before going abroad, but I don't know what the cost would be, which doctor to pick, how much to weigh when going in, recovery time, etc. All input is greatly appreciated.
See average cost for Mommy Makeover

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Hi, thanks for your questions. It is very important for you to get to your goal weight for 2 main reasons : getting a good health for surgery and raising your possibilities of achieving great results.

Since you sent  your pictures with clothes is difficult to evaluate your condition for surgery. Go on with  diet and exercises, you have a dream goal that can be achieve by your will, and a little help of a PS.

Timing the full body makeover.

At your present BMI, it is admirable that your are working hard to reach a more comfortable weight which would make your surgery safer.  The combined surgery you seek can provide you with the best outcome as you reach your lowest possible weight and maintain it. 

You may have plastic surgeons nearby who can help you.  You are pretty close to Washington, D.C and might want to find board certified surgeons in that area who are experienced with the extensive surgical care you seek. There is no substitute for consultations with a number of doctors to find out how many of these procedures they perform and how they suggest to approach your body makeover needs.  This will take time to investigate your doctor options. This should help you to  have  a safe and satisfying outcome.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Planning for Surgery

Congratulations on your weight loss goals. I recommend that you put in the time and work to lose as much excess weight as possible now. There are increased risks of complication when overweight patients undergo surgery. As well you will not achieve optimal results if you aren't at a stable, healthy weight. I also recommend that you seek out a few board certified Plastic Surgeons to meet with in person for consultation. Discussing your goals and expectations with you in person will be important and they will be able to make recommendations in order to help you plan. At your consultation, you will most likely be presented with specific surgical quotes for procedures discussed as well.

All the best 

Want a full body makeover and need your help!!! Any suggestions?

I always advise my patients to achieve a healthy, ideal weigh first before undergoing Cosmetic Surgery. Once you achieve the best weight, then you can consult re/your body contouring procedures

Tummy Tuck -- After Weight Loss

Thank you for your question. I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. You are at increased surgical risk for complications at a higher weight so I would suggest weight loss first. Your primary care physician can help you with a safe and effective diet and exercise plan. Once you have lost some weight, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination who specializes in body contouring. Visit the American Society of Plastic Surgery website to find a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Ask to see before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck.

Stable and healthy weight

If you can get your weight as low as possible the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. You would need to be down to a healthy weight and BMI before having a cosmetic procedure to insure a safe outcome. Also, being at a stable weight is key to ensure you don't gain weight back after surgery. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Fancisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and body contouring

Congratulations on starting the journey to weight loss.  You'll want to be at a stable weight prior to getting anything done.  Whether this is 200lbs or less/more, significant weight fluctuation after your surgery will reduce your overall results.  Once you are there you'll want to arrange consultations with several board certified plastic surgeons in your community and get an idea of options as well as costs.  Choose plastic surgeons whose results you like and who have good online reviews or that you trust. 

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants/ Tummy Tuck /Liposuction/ Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

Regarding your weight, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

I want to lose more weight

It is always best to reach your target weight and remain stable at it for at least 6 months prior to undertaking a major body contouring procedure. This is for aesthetic as well as safety reasons. You don't want to rush into surgery and have a large expense as well as recovery, and then have a suboptimal outcome due to continued changes in your body, or a complication because your diet and nutrition are not stabilized. Best.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.   I would recommend following a healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach your desired goal weight. This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain, as weight fluctuations will affect your long-term results. Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results.  As you are still quite young your body should respond to a slow weight reduction well minimizing the anticipated amount of surgery.  Hope this helps.