Under eye bags too deep! Help! (photos)

I am 32, and have super deep hollows under my eyes and when i smile, it creases all across my upper cheeks. I had 2 syringes of bolotero (one on each side) but it didn't seem to help. I hate to smile, and when i rest my face, you can see sagginess. I feel like i look around 60 years old. What can i do??

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Under Eye Bags Treatment

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for tear trough filler. These hollows can be temporarily disguised with a hyaluronic acid filler called Restylane. I have had excellent results using the innovative microcannula technique, which reduces risk of swelling, minimizes pain, and is essentially bruise-less. Using this technique, filler can be injected evenly requiring only one needle stick on each side. Additionally, you may also benefit from a small amount of Botox around the eyes to minimize the creasing you notice when smiling. I recommend consulting with a board-certified specialist who is experienced using the microcannula technique. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Fillers

You look very young from the photo to have or need any surgery and the photo is not ideal to evaluate things but something more conservative like a filler may be far more appropriate. See a board certified surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery for more information. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #eyebags #filler

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Your options include eyelid surgery, fillers, chemical peel and other ointments/treatments. I suggest that you consult with a single or board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye bags too deep! Help!

One option might be to tighten the eyelid skin itself to see if those "crinkles" (caused by loose skin) improve. The best current way to treat this is with a radio frequency laser such as Viora®. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Eyelid creases

I would suggest a combination of filler and botox.  These used in combination can greatly improve the creases and also fill in the hollows.  You may be a candidate for surgery at some point, but for now I would try the fillers and botox first.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your problem is the Bellotero.

First, the old product needs to be removed.  It is not helping you and it is actually making your issue worse.  I suspect you simply need your filler service reengineered.  There is no reason that can't be improved with the right filler treatment.  The big problem here is that may injectors working in this area simply do not understand the anatomy.  Big problem but fixable.

Lower lids - creases when I smile.

Thank you for asking about your lower lids.
  • In the photo, I do not see what I call 'bags' but a lot of creasing of the skin.
  • This is caused by muscle under the skin pulling the skin when you smile.
  • The treatment is Botox but please have it done by a plastic surgeon -
  • It has to be done in the lower lid creases directly and very precisely.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS