What is the difference between a maxillofacial surgeon and a plastic surgeon?

I have been searching for surgeons who perform sliding genioplasties, and I came across a surgeon who doesn't label himself as a plastic surgeon, but instead, a maxillofacial surgeon. I was just wondering if this difference in title changes his qualifications in any way. What exactly does it mean? He has great reviews as well compared to the plastic surgeons that I have come across. Thanks for your time! Julie

Genioplasty

Maxilofacial surgeons come from dental school background on the other hand plastic surgeons and subgroup of them (craniofacial surgeons) are from medical school background. you can find well trained and good surgeons from both specialties to perform sliding genioplasty surgery for you. 

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon