One day post op and the implant appears bulging at the top. Will it drop or is there a chance it will stay the same? (Photo)

I know it is still early, however, I am worried my implants are too prominent at the top, creating a boxy effect instead of a smooth discending line. I am 172cm (5.8ft). The implant size is 365cc (12.25cm x5cm projection). I was a candidate for a breast lift but opted for implants only.

One day PostOp and the implant appears bulging at the top. Will it drop?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  Often as a result of surgery, swelling of the chest muscle and breast tissue holds implants high and flat against the chest.  As this swelling resolves, the volume within the implant settles and descends, stretching out the lower portion of the breast and creating a more natural breast shape.  I know it is difficult, but hang in there and allow your results more time to mature.  Hope this helps.

One day post op and the implant appears bulging at the top. Will it drop or is there a chance it will stay the same?

Your result looks normal and excellent for 1 day postop.  It is going to take 3-4 months for the implants to drop into position and for your body to adjust.  Please follow-up with her plastic surgeon as scheduled and at that time discuss at what point you might be able to start breast implant displacement exercises.  Please do not be worried he look very good right now.

Implant position

Implants are often high on the chest early post-op as the muscle spasms.  With time the implants gradually descend into the pocket. This can take several months.

One day post op BA

Thank you for your question.  It looks good for 1 day post op. What you describing is common at this stage.They will change in the coming weeks and follow instructions from your PS.

Timeframe for breast implants to drop

The bump on the top is your implant. The skin under your breasts stretches and the implant settles about 1 percent a day for the first three months. Then the shaping and softening continues but much more slowly till about 9 to 12 months. So currently you are only about 1percent settled, shaped and soft. Your opting for implants only was a good decision. Hope this information is reassuring. Be patient and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon