Continuously bleeding with clots 3 days post-op labiaplasty?

I did labiaplasty and Now is the 3rd day post.Op .. Sunnedly yesterday night I had a Bleeding with clotts and it continued till morning .. Then I descided to go and see my surgeon .. She saw me and said that I had one suture opened and the bleeding will stop .. Unfortunately it didn't stop until night it's bleeding with bright red and blue clots.. What do you advice me to do to stop bleeding in this area ? I'm so worried ( sorry for the vocabulary and grammar mistakes)

Clots post labiaplasty

Thank you for your question . It is correct that you notified your surgeon of your concerns . You may want to call again or be seen by your surgeon If the bleeding has not stopped . If there is minor spotting keeping the area clean and applying an antibiotic ointment may help with the healing. No long periods of sitting directly on the area is helpful to decrease swelling . Good Luck

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

For bleeding, hematoma, torn sutures-- SEE YOUR SURGEON!

For this you will need to see your surgeon again. I cannot give you proper advice online, no exam, no photos.

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA USA

I hope you have seen your surgeon by now.

Sorry to learn of your troubles. From your description 24 hours ago, I am hopeful that you have been seen either by your surgeon, or in an emergency room to be properly evaluated and treated. If this has not occurred as of yet, and you are still facing a similar situation, I would hold firm pressure on the area with a pad or towel, and I would contact your surgeon immediately and insist on being evaluated in person. Ongoing bleeding in the worst case scenario is life threatening, and in the lesser scenario, an opportunity for delayed healing, infection, and scarring. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding after labiaplasty

It is not uncommon to have some bleeding, even small clots after labiaplasty. Also it is not uncommon for sutures to break prematurely. Bright red bleeding is of more concern. If it does not stop, I would advise you see your surgeon again for reassessment. Hope this helps

Armen Kirakosyan, MD, FACOG, FACS
East Aurora Urogynecologist

Continuous Bleeding 3 Days Post-Op

There are several risks that can come with this or any other surgical procedure. The specific risks and suitability of these procedures for each individual can be determined only at the time of consultation.  All surgical procedures have some degree of risk.  Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally.  Major complications are rare. These can include infection, bleeding, (hematoma) , separation of the incision, changes in sensation , pain, increased sensitivity, unsatisfactory cosmetic results.  Any concerns of infection, new pain, swelling, bleeding , drainage should immediately be addressed by the doctor.

Now, with the continued bleeding that you are experiencing it would be best to visit your surgeon for a check up right away to make sure that there is nothing wrong. It would be best for your surgeon to determine whether any problems have arisen and if healing is going well. Good luck!

All bleeding stops...eventually

Uncontrolled bleed can lead to shock if it doesn't stop. Bright red bleeding is usually of more concern. Go back to your surgeon immediately. There are many ways to effectively manage bleeding in the vagina and vulva and any specialist in pelvic and vaginal reconstructive surgery should be expert in all of these.

Bleeding after labiaplasty

Great - best thing you did when you first experienced the bleeding was to call your surgeon and be seen! Now, follow your surgeons advice. The release or opening of a suture is not unusual for any procedure. I'm glad you saw your surgeon and were reassured that there was nothing more. Since she wasn't concerned this should serve as reassurance to you. I'm sure she gave you precautions and asked to be updated if there were any changes. The clots appearing darker is a sign that your body is doing its job and the bleeding is stopping. This is a very vascular area, so it's not unusual for a small vessel to bleed. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MDAguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Continuously bleeding with clots 3 days postop labiaplasty.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your bleeding issues.  Depending on the amount of bleeding I would first apply firm pressure to the area of apparent suture breakage for 10 minutes.  I would then contact your surgeon to alert them to the continued bleeding.  If the firm pressure does not resolve the problem your surgeon may need to surgically control the bleeding in their office.  Hope this helps.

Bleeding after labiaplsty

If you have bright red bleeding with passing blood clots 3 days after a labiaplasty procedure, even if you saw your surgeon the day before, please call her again. Your surgeon is the most appropriate person to be contacted as soon as possible to take care of it. Alternatively, you can go the closest emergency room to be examined and treated accordingly. Hope it helps.

Yvonne Wolny, MD

3 days post op

I would recommend you contact your surgeon again if it does not stop bleeding.   It is OK if you have some ooze and small area of scab or clot but if it continues I recommend you go to see your surgeon.