Confused? Surgeon "pumped up saline implants 25ccs b/c it's under the muscle". What is the actual cc size I have?

I am having a little trouble understanding the exact size of the saline implants stated in my question. If I have 275ccs saline implants, but the surgeon "pumped it up 25ccs more b/c it's under the muscle," does this mean I have 275ccs breast implants? Or does this mean I have 300ccs breast implants? I don't understand the process/reason behind the whole saline implant at "x" size, then being filled to "x" amount. Even tho he said I'm 275, would I actually be 300? Thank you.

What size breast implants to have in place?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Remember that your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate information. Based on your description, it seems that you have 275 cc breast implants filled to 300 cc. That means you have 300 cc of volume.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Sound like 300

If the implants are 275 and he added 25 cc more it is likely 300 cc's.  Best always to check with your surgeon.

Saline filled implants

Dear  madam,
  Adding 25 cc of saline to the 275 cc implants, has nothing to do with the sub muscular placement. The reason for over filling is to reduce the jiggling of the saline in the silicone bag, which can weaken the structure and eventually cause a leak. It is like when bending a metal wire back and forth , it breaks after a while.
 Selecting the right implants size depends on your chest and breasts circumference measurement in inches and your desire. So, for instance, if you are 34 A cup size, 300 cc implants will bring you to a 34 C cup.
 Remember that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good  and safe outcome. So, do your due diligence and choose wisely.
   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
                                      Dr Widder

How big is my implant?

A 275 mL saline implant from the different manufacturers may have a range up to 50 mL that can be added to what's called the nominal fill. If your surgeon has added 25 mL to a nominally filled 275 mL saline implant, then you have a 300 mL implant. Hope that's helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Saline implants overfilling

Saline implants are meant to be filled in a small and focused range of volume. If your surgeon placed 275 cc implants, then added 25 cc, practically, you have "300 cc implants". Technically, if you are visiting with another surgeon and needed to explain what you have, it would be "275 cc implants filled to 300"
Whereas silicone implants come in defined sizes, the surgeon has some liberty during the time of surgery as to what the final volume will be for a given shell. Many surgeons like to slightly overfill a given shell so as to minimize rippling, or give a patient a more tailored to fit.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link