Should I have to pay for this follow up? Is this considered a revision? I paid extra to have my back done (Photos)

Hi I had full tt w/mr w/flankremoval lipo tolower back which I paid 2450 more for then just having the tt alone I explained to him I knew what I wanted he said with lipo we can resolve the problem no need to remove Skin and leave a scar I said I'm fine with scars. I have noticed that right side has excess skin that moves compared to the left side. Also my back has a lot of excess skin. that's skin and give it 6months to reevaluate. That We will schedule skin removal under Local anesthesia.thanks

Should I have to pay for this follow up?

Greetings 
Thanky you for your question and photo. you will need more time to recover and patience.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Skin removal after lipo

Waiting is never a bad idea. Getting a revision before six months is not a good idea, whether you are required to pay for it or not. You may also have felt that scaring was not an issue for you, but until you get a scar you can't be sure.

If your surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon who operates at a certified facility and had done a ton of tummy tucks; you are in good hands. If not; consider getting a second opinion, a body lift may give you the torso you desire. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Depends upon surgeon

Each surgeon has their revision policy.  Please speak to your surgeon.   Liposuction removes the foundation and we wait until the skin contours.  Depending upon the elasticity of your skin will depend upon how much everything recontours.  Best of luck.

Revision?

Congratulations on your surgery. Ok, so from what I understand you had liposuction of the flanks added to your tummy tuck surgery. Unfortunately, there is always a chance with liposuction of the skin being loose after due to debulking and removing the fat. Depending on a persons elasticity, the skin can redrape to where no further surgery is necessary. Most people would rather have loose skin than fat filled skin. Give your body a chance to loose all of the swelling and begin healing. I would say approximately 6 months and see if you skin has tightened up any. At that point you can revisit the idea of removing skin from the back side of you, which would basically attach to your existing tummy tuck one. This is a completely separate procedure and would in no way be considered a revision of the liposuction.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Should I have to pay for this follow up? Is this considered a revision? I paid extra to have my back done

Depends upon each surgeons way of practicing. Revisions have expenses of the staff, supplies , medications. So you need t be perfectly clear what you are getting.

Should I have to pay for this follow up? Is this considered a revision?

Although I understand your concerns, I should let you know that I think that your plastic surgeon has done an excellent job for you.  I make this assessment after viewing your before/after photographs.  

Generally speaking, policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well. Costs of revisionary surgery may range from zero, to anesthesia/surgery center fees, to discounted surgeon's fees.
In your case specifically, I think that it is reasonable that some of the cost of additional surgery be "patient responsibility".

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Revision surgery

You should wait at least 6-12 months until result of your surgery becomes stable. Once that is achieved, you should discuss your concerns and options with your surgeon. Financial obligation regarding revision surgery should be outlined before surgery. Every practice may have it's own policy in that regard. In any case, close collaboration with your surgeon is most likely to give you best outcome financially and surgically. Good luck. 

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon