Complete Mommy Makeover. Any suggestions?

In 1 month I will be having a breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck and also a brazilian butt lift and fat graphting to hips. They say your not suppose to lay on your butt nor your tummy. So how should I lay when im sleeping to not ruin my results? I am purchasing the Brazilian Butt Lift Specialized pillow for when I need to sit down.

Mommy Makeover. Any suggestions?

I personally don't like to perform all these procedures at the same for this exact reason.  Specially if you are transferring fat to your hips too.  I would do the fat transfer to the buttock and hips first and not put any direct pressure on it for two weeks and once you feel better to finish your mommy makeover.  But this again is a question of comfort and the limits of pain and discomfort you are able to tolerate.  If you are having all this done, its best you optimize the results by separating them.  But again this is a question that you should discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck.
Thank you

Los Angeles Physician

Healing & Recovery After your Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Breast Augmentation, Mastopexy, Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and Fat Grafting to the Buttocks..... All in One Day??????????

I wouldn't do all that at the same time.  It is a set up to have problems.   
I have been performing the BBL now for about 19 years and see several issues regarding this plan.   First of all, I do not believe in the BBL pillow or Boppie pillow.    If you understand what kills transplanted fat cells, you will understand that there is no "pillow" that can improve fat survival.   Sitting is sitting!   

In my opinion, when you undergo any plastic surgery procedure, you want the best results possible.   To do
all that at once I would be very concerned that things must be rushed to get it all done in one day.   Also, recovery will be excessively tough!   There are certain procedures that just don't go well together.   When you have a tummy tuck, it hurts to use your abs.   When you have breast augmentation (assuming the implants are under the muscle) most docs don't want you to use your arms.   So, you can't use your arms, you can't use your abs, you can't sit down, you can't lay on your back because of your Butt, you can't face down because of your breasts and tummy tuck.  

Be very careful!   Be sure to discuss Blood thinner medications with your surgeon!

Good Luck!
DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Sleeping

Thank you for your question.  I advise my patients to alternate from side to side while sleeping.  However, please seek the advice of your operating surgeon as post-op instructions vary from surgeon to surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Mommy Makeover

Hello dear, thanks for your post. Sleeping on your back can become uncomfortable, and many people sleep better lying on their stomachs; however, after a tummy tuck, it's important to keep tension off of the incisions and surgical site. Before sleeping on your stomach, call your plastic surgeon for guidance. Each plastic surgeon personalizes aftercare instructions to the individual patient, so it's an important part of your relationship with your surgeon to get specific instructions.

You'll probably be best served by sleeping on your back or in a recliner position. When you sleep in a more upright, recliner position, your skin won't be pulled tight and the surgical area will be able to more effectively heal. Long story short, be sure to check with your surgeon before deviating from your aftercare instructions. After a few weeks, your results will be shaping up splendidly and you should be back to a much more normal routine.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Complete Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.  You can have all these procedures done, and there is some difficulty with proper positioning, but you will be ok.  I think it would likely be best to use the pillow and sit using it to avoid any pressure on your abdomen.  Best speak to your plastic surgeon on what they think is best.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  I personally wouldn't do all those surgeries at the same time for that reason.  I would do the BBL first (I don't let my patients sleep on their backs for 3 weeks).  Then I would do the mommy makeover anytime after 4 weeks.  

You should discuss that with your PS and see what he/she recommends.

Good Luck.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Mommy Makeover

Call your surgeon's office and speak with him or her about the best position for you. Although, given your surgeries, not position is going to be comfortable. Just keep that in mind. But the pain and discomfort will pass with time. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Recovery at extensive mommy make-over with fat injections in buttocks and hips

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Please ask your surgeon the best postioning for you -
  • You will find it difficult to get comfortable in any position because you will be having surgery on all sides of your body.
  • Ask your surgeon about Exparel for pain - if injected into the muscles of the abdomen it will help a LOT with your pain after surgery. (Hospitals usually have it but many surgery centers do not.)
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Positioning after Complete Mommy Makeover

After complete mommy makeover can be tricky.  It is best to listen to the advice of your surgeon and their office.  You are having many procedures at the same time and your body needs to maximize healing.  It is best to minimize pressure on the healing areas, especially the fragile transferred fat cells.  You also want to minimize tension on the incisions.  Make sure that you have plenty of help at home as this is a big surgery.  Also, consider splitting the surgery into more than one session if it seems overwhelming to you.  It is okay to some of the procedures at one time and the rest of the procedures at another time.  Often this is a good choice to maximize healing and allow your body to focus more energy on less areas at a time.  However, this is something that you need to discuss with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD