Should I get a Chin implant ? (photos)

Im not sure if i should get a chin implant add to my rhino ? Profile my chin looks weak but front is decent. What you guys think

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Chin implant with rhinoplasty is a great way to improve your profile

Getting a chin implant at the same time is a great way to help improve your profile.  I have done this many times and the recovery is pretty minimal.Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, 

Baltimore plastic surgeon

Chin Implant

Thank you for your question and photos. You can correct a weak chin with a small chin implant. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs at least 100 of these procedures per year. You could consider a small implant or if you are unsure a temporary filler is a smart way to bridge into an implant. It can be dissolved if you are unhappy. Computer imagining can help you through this process of deciding the best one to fit your ideal goals. All the best,Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Nose and chin

oren123, I would advise you to consider both. Look at a lot of the doctors photos. Your rotation is fine but your supratip septum is clouding your tip and is too strong giving the illusion of over projection. See a facial specialist and this is a case where I would recommend imaging. However, see video. Make sure your surgeon is board certified and has years of experience doing "only faces". Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

The photographs from the side profile demonstrate an overly projecting nose with a dorsal hump, and a weak and recessive chin profile. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal  hump and decreasing the overall projection the nose. A Chin implant can accomplish  increasing the projection of the chin to help with  facial balance and proportions, especially as respect respect to the overly projecting nose.

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

The profile views show a very minimal amount of recession. I think that it is a decision to be discussed in detail with your surgeon. A rhinoplasty can definitely help bring balance to your profile view and may be enough. If you do choose to go for an implant I would suggest a very moderate augmentation.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant with rhino

A conservative chin implant can give you a dramatic improvement in your profile and have an aggregate effect on how good of a result you get from your rhinoplasty.  The key being conservative as you don't want to get aggressive and over-do the chin can increase your labiomental sulcus and give you a "witch's chin" if too large.  Best of luck! You will do great.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible chin implant candidate

Looking at your photos, you do appear to have some recession of your chin.  This could be improved with a chin implant and would help to balance your profile.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a Chin implant ?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. I frequently perform Rhinoplasty with chin implant placement.
Hope this helps.