Are cheek implants, buccal fat temoval, chin implant and anterior neck lift a good way to active a chiselled look? As a male?

I am having a chin implant along with cheek implants, buccal fat removal and anterior neck lift all done at the same time. Will such procedures create a chiselled masculine look.I have heard many bad stories about cheek implants but I want high cheek bones as a 26 year old male. Is this the best option as I find filler does not provide a desired permanent effect ? Also are cheek implants permanent ? I.e u die with them ?

Take your new look for a test drive.

Cheek and chin implants are indeed permanent.  Though most can be removed, some styles are more difficult to remove than others.  Your surgeon can tell you what type he prefers to use and why.  From your question, though, it sounds like you have already tried fillers and liked the result but are looking for a longer lasting solution.  Implants are often an excellent choice for patients like you.  If you have any concerns about making a permanent change, ask you surgeon if they can create the same effect with a temporary filler.  Implants are solid and likely the best way to create that more dramatic "chiseled" look you are seeking, but it is often possible to give you at least an idea of what the implant would like with a filler that may even be dissolved if you change your mind.  
Bryan Rolfes, MD

Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Facial implants

Hello and thank you for your question. In the appropriate patient, this can have a nice result.  Facial implants are permanent.  I highly recommend medpor implants with screw fixation.  Silicone implants tend to undergo malrotation over time.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Enhancing the cheeks, can, and neck for men

You're having many procedures performed at the same time. Many of the issues should have already been reviewed with your plastic surgeon. Yes, cheek and chin implants are permanent. Yes, facial implants can have problems. Nonsurgical treatments with fillers can have problems too, as with any cosmetic procedure. There isn't a "best" option for all patients. Speak with your plastic surgeon again to discuss these procedures.
Best,Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles and there is excess facial fat in front and below the cheeks.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.  Buccal fat should not be removed, in my opinion, as it can cause unwanted hollowness of the mid face.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
  Hope this helps.

Volumizing Fillers Can Help Shape & Contour A More Masculine Face & Be Adjusted Periodically To Fit The Aging Face

Volumizing fillers, such as Voluma XC & Radiesse Plus, which I would use for nonsurgical cheek & chin augmentations in my Upper East Manhattan practice (and Stylage XXL and Emervel Volume, my choices for these areas in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available), generally last about two years. Considering that most of us go to have our teeth professionally cleaned two to three times per year for a 20-30 minute session, going to have the cheeks and chin tuned up every two years or so in a five or ten minute session is not over burdensome. Additionally, using a natural volumizer allows adjustments to be easily made to fit the changing anatomy of a face that is continously aging in complex ways--allowing for a very natural look. Permanent implants are permanent. So, while the anatomy of the face inexorably changes with time, the implants do not. This often means that what may look nice at age 26 may not look as natural at age 36+ when age-related losses in fat, muscle and bone begin to make their presence known. This may necessitate removal of the implant and replacement with a different one, i.e. additional surgery. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, VASER Hi Def Lipo, Botox, Ultherapy/Thermage, Kybella, Buccal Fat, Implants

I suggest you see an expert.  Facial support like an implant and fillers/fat can be used to lift the face. Facial implants are permanent. Jawline contouring can be improved with fillers/fat, and liposuction/thermiRF. Buccal fat does well to contour the face. I suggest a facial sculpting consultation to determine the best combination for you. Best, Dr. Emer

Facial Implants

All of the procedures you are having fit into the overall category of the 'male model makeover' surgery. Whether they will achieve a more angular and defined facial look depends on your existing facial soft tissues. It tends to work effectively in thinner faces.