Are my breasts normal? Should I consider plastic surgery? (Photo)

I'm 19 and I feel like my breasts haven't changed at all since I started puberty. I got my first period when I was 12 and everything else that comes with puberty shortly after but my breasts have never grown larger or rounder. I would like to know if there is any hope of them growing or if I should consider plastic surgery.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your breast development even though they appear small to you. Although pregnancy in the future may change the breast slightly, it is unlikely that you will achieve a significantly larger breast size. Should you desire to have breast enlargement, an implant would be a very common approach to achieving a more proportional size. However, the use of your own body fat to transfer to the breast would achieve a natural long-term result. In any case, I would recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Are m y breasts normal or willl they grow?

Your breasts appear normal from the photos.  It is very unlikely that your breasts will get larger without the addition of volume to the breasts through implants.  Discussing your breasts with a board certified plastic surgeon is the best  place to explore your options   Good luck

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Breasts at 19

First, it is unlikely that your breasts will grow significantly more. In addition, you have asymmetry between the two.  Implants may help.

Asymmetrical small tubular breasts

Dear Jordan,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, your breasts appear to be very small A cup size with mild case of tubular breasts(large herniating areolas) and significant asymmetric location of the areolas( right areola is excessively placed laterally). 
 Breasts can grow up to age 22-24, however at age 19 the size increase , most likely, will not be significant.
   Breast augmentation surgery will be very beneficial for you and will be one of the best investment that you can do in yourself. The procedure, most likely, will increase your self esteem and cloths shopping will be much more fun...
 To improve your asymmetry and your tubular breasts condition, I would recommend  areolas reduction and relocation with the purse string (donut) procedure (mini lift without the lift).
  Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and satisfying outcome. So, do you due diligence and choose wisely.
  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breasts augmentation with mini lift in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
                                  Dr Widdert

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you breasts do appear very normal.  Many women have small breasts and ask this exact question.  One option is breast augmentation.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Are my breasts normal? Should I consider plastic surgery?

Thank you for your photos. Your breast appear normal, and considering your age they will less likely get bigger.  If you want to have larger breasts You would definitely benefit from a breast augmentation, but that decision should be made by you.  I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon to help you with the questions, and also you can see some before and after photos.  Breast augmentation is a very succesfull and satisfying procedure if performed by a skille board cdertified plastic sugreon. Do your research Good luck

Are my breasts normal?

Thank you for your question and photos!  Your breasts appear "normal" but just at a small size.  It is unlikely that you will gain any more growth.  If you are interested in discussing breast augmentation, I would recommend consulting a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon to discuss the procedure.  It is important to know the risks and benefits of having the surgery and how it gain help you attain your goals.  Good luck with everything!

Dr. Tag

Yes, this is normal for you.  You have just not "developed" as much as you want, I assume.  Check out the board certified PSs in your area for a consult about breast augmentation.  I will tell you one thing, I have seen a few patients who had their breasts develop well after their puberty was initiated.  This is rare, however.  There's nothing wrong with waiting just a few more years to see if that happens if you want.

Virgil Willard, MD
High Point Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and your pictures.  Your breast are "normal" if there is such a thing.  They are just smaller than you desire.  So this is what a breast augmentation can help you with to get the size and look you desire.  Seek a consultation from a Board Certified PS.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Are my breast normal?

First of all, your breasts are normal. At this point it is unlikely that they will change much in size based on developmental changes that occur with puberty. Weight fluctuation will often affect the size of the breasts, but other than that I think you now have the natural breasts size that you are going to have.   If you desire larger breasts, then breast augmentation might be a good option for you.  My recommendation is for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  It looks like you will get a great result. Best wishes!.

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon