Breast Implant Displacement! Help Please! (Photo)

Good evening Drs. I feel very stressed and sad ;I had breast silicone implant 4 years ago ;everything was so perfect until yesterday.I woke up with my right breast completely different ;I think the implant got displaced , my breast changed and it feels hard ; i also feel the implant down compared to how it used to be. Please tell me why this happened ? what should be done ? how to fix this ? if surgery is a must where will the scars be ? Can this happen often even if I fix the problem now ? thnx

Breast Implant Displacement! Help Please!

I appreciate your question.

Please follow up with your Operating MD so he/she can examine you to rule out capsular contracture and send you for imaging if needed.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your pictures and description. I suggest you to go to your doctor again, your implant has to be changed, you may have a capsule there, that has to be fixed, good luck

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Change

I would suggest going back to your surgeon, or finding a board certified plastic surgeon and ask to be evaluated. You may have developed a capsule, especially if you have had a recent infection. Yes, it can be improved.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Sudden change in implant

Although your photograph shows some asymmetry, without seeing what you look like the week before it's hard to tell what's going on. Capsular contracture can cause visible distortion and usually a palpable firmness to the field of breast. When the feel and look of the breasts change overnigh,t as you describe, this is usually attributed to fluid of some type. An ultrasound can sort this out. I recommend you go back and see your plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast implant displacement

Sudden changes of shape are very rarely caused by capsular contracture, that doesn't appear overnight. Since there is no particular increase in volume, fluid collections can also be ruled out. If you have anatomical implants, rotation is the most likely cause for the change in shape. If your implants are round instead, it may be possible that your right implant flipped upside down. This can only be assessed in person of course, but sometimes it is possible to return a round implant to the previous position by gentle external manipulation, without having to do a surgical revision.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Implant displacement

It looks like your implant is laterally displaced and higher. It may mean that you have a capsular contracture.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Displacement

Thank you for your question and sorry for your problem.  The good news is that it can be corrected so see your surgeon or another expert in the area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Sudden Change in Implant Shape.....

It looks like you have a Capsular Contracture of your Right breast implant.   However, this isn't something which usually occurs overnight.   It happens gradually.   What happens, is the scar tissue layer around the implant that we call a capsule begins to thicken and tighten around the implant.  This tends to make the implants look round, feel more firm and move up.   This in some cases can be made somewhat better by massage and a prescription medication, but often is only totally corrected by surgery.  I usually perform this surgery through the same scar in the crease under the breast through which the original breast implant was inserted.   

Over the internet guess is lateral displacement, capsular contracture with double bubble effect. Seek in person opinions from boarded PSs in CA.. 

Unlikely to get a capsular contracture overnight - is this a rotated implant?

Do you have shaped/anatomic implants or round implants?  If you have shaped implants, your implant may have rotated.  This is best assessed in person by your plastic surgeon.  Please contact his/her office next

Martin Jugenburg, MD