Why did only one breast drop and the other one is still up? (photo)

Do I need to have surgery correction? I had silicone breast implant surgery almost 3 months ago and it seems like my (left breast) which would be your right in the picture is odd shaped and hasnt fluffed out how long does it take for it to fully drop? It looks weird

Implant not dropping

Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck on an uneventful recovery.

Breast issue

Your one breast looks low and may need a pocket revision as well as a modification of the implant volume and lift. Best to give it a few more months to heal completely then re-evaluate it.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Too early to know

The  two biggest reasons you have this asymmetry is due to the fact you had some level of pre operative asymmetry and number 2 is that the pockets created at the time of surgery are of different shapes. Right now you may wear a strap to push the higher breast down and wait a few more months. If you have a board certified plastic sureeon taking care of you then he or she will be able to explain the options. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon