Are my wish boobs realistic without a lift? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 16
Breast Augmentation Candidate
Nevertheless, a variety of factors may indicate that you are a good #candidate for #BreastAugmentation.
Some of these feelings and/or conditions include:
Concerns and self esteem issues related to breast size.
Loss of volume and firmness after pregnancy or weight loss.
Clothing does not fit well.
Asymmetry in breast shape and size.
Problems with the shape of your rib cage; sunken or overprojecting.
Prospective patients should know that the final texture, shape, and appearance are not exactly the same as natural breasts. Many patients in fact prefer the firmness and slightly different contours than natural breasts. However, these differences may be more noticeable in some patients than others. The intended result of the procedure is to enhance the size and shape of the breasts to achieve the body image desired by the patient.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast augmentation and the incision type, implant placement, and implant type.When you have breast augmentation performed by a plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery you greatly improve your chances of getting the result you want without the need for a revision surgery. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgeryare suitable to perform your breast augmentation .Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
Are my wish boobs realistic without a lift?
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.
well as you know only in a office visit we can have a real idea of your needs
but base on the pictures you send yo are a great candidate for breast augmentation surgery
however i'm not sure your body frame can adjust to a implant the size you desire, please seek a
certified plastic surgeon.
in my experience some times a smaller implant can give you a more natural in long term.
You might also like...
Breast Augmentation - Am I A Candidate?
Lift with or without implants
Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".
Implants alone will correct drooping when:
- Breast drooping is mild
- The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
- There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
- Breast drooping is moderate or severe
- The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
- There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
- The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I use implants in combination with a lift when:
- The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
- The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
- The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
Are my wish boobs realistic without a lift
Are my wish boobs realistic without a lift? (Photo)
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.