Are my wish boobs realistic without a lift? (Photo)

I have been researching like crazy and have finally come to a place where I have a pretty good idea of what I would like as a final result. I really, really, really want to avoid a lift, as the scars are very unappealing to me but I want to be sure my expectations are realistic. Thanks you.

Breast Augmentation Candidate

It's difficult to suggest without a one-on-one consultation.
Nevertheless, a variety of factors may indicate that you are a good #candidate for #BreastAugmentation.
Some of these feelings and/or conditions include:
Concerns and self esteem issues related to breast size.
Loss of volume and firmness after pregnancy or weight loss.
Clothing does not fit well.
Asymmetry in breast shape and size.
Problems with the shape of your rib cage; sunken or overprojecting.
Prospective patients should know that the final texture, shape, and appearance are not exactly the same as natural breasts. Many patients in fact prefer the firmness and slightly different contours than natural breasts. However, these differences may be more noticeable in some patients than others. The intended result of the procedure is to enhance the size and shape of the breasts to achieve the body image desired by the patient.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast augmentation and the incision type, implant placement, and implant type.When you have breast augmentation performed by a plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery you greatly improve your chances of getting the result you want without the need for a revision surgery.  Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgeryare suitable to perform your breast augmentation .Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Are my wish boobs realistic without a lift?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. You have also done a nice job, both in your description and with your goal photographs, communicating your goals here. I think that your goals are realistic except that your breasts may end up being somewhat further apart (more space in the cleavage area) compared to most of the goal photographs.  I do not think that breast lifting is indicated.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast augmentation

Hi, thank you for the question.
well as you know only in a office visit we can have a real idea of your needs
but base on the pictures you send yo are a great candidate for breast augmentation surgery
however i'm not sure your body frame can adjust to a implant the size you desire, please seek a 
certified plastic surgeon.
in my experience some times a smaller implant can give you a more natural in long term. 

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Breast Augmentation - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. It appears you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery. Please have an in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of what can be achieved with implants. I think you have realistic expectations based upon your wish picts. Hope this helps.

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a breast lift with augmentation.  However, one could only fully determine this with a one-on-one consultation.  I know that you wish to avoid the scars of the breast lift, but a breast lift can provide superior shape and the scars are minimal in appearance over time in the right hands.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift?

Your nipples are in reasonable position to have a breast augmentation alone. As in your examples of before and after photos, the after looks like a larger fuller version of the before. You can expect the same. Your breasts are slightly mature and will not be super perky without a lift, but I agree with you that the scar would not be worth it for the bit of extra perkiness. Good luck.

Are my wish boobs realistic without a lift

I think you would be pretty close to the look you desire, maybe not as high on the rib cage, but shape is likely about right

Julio Garcia, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person evaluation, I do not think that you will need a breast lift to approximate your goal results.  One can be done later, once fully healed, if your nipple position is not satisfactory. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits your desires. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD