Bilateral breast augmentation to fix tubular breasts, why do they still look odd? (Photo)

10 months ago, I had a bilateral breast augmentation to correct my tubular breasts. However, I'm starting to notice that they are 'drooping' and taking shape to what the had prior.. I also feel like it's becoming more apparent that one is bigger than another. Is this normal or could it be due to the condition prior or the implant itself? Would you say this is something that would need correcting again? Any comments are much appreciated, thanks.

Tubular breasts

Dear Phoebe,
  Thanks for submitting your picture. From observing your picture, you appear to have ptosis level 2, large herniating areolas and double bubble. 
  The correct procedure for tubular breasts is breasts augmentation and mini lift (donut). These procedures correct the small and droopy breasts, and the large herniating areolas.
  It seems that your surgeon tried to correct your ptosis and create the illusion of perkiness by lowering the sub mammary crease, which created the double bubble deformity.
 The reason that your left breasts looks smaller to you, is because it is more droopy, which creates less fullness of the upper pole and gives the impression of being smaller.
  It is obvious from your questions, that you are unhappy with the result. So, in order to achieve your desired result, you will have to have corrective surgery which will include bilateral mini lift procedure and right breast inferior capsulorrhaphy (internal bra).
   Always, consult with experience board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breast augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                                                Dr Widder

Tubular Breasts

Your photos show limited views but do seem to indicate that you have mild tuberous breasts. In the hands of a qualified plastic surgeon should you wish larger breasts a breast augmentation will improve your appearance. Placement of the implants above the muscle (subglandular) is often the desired position selected by plastic surgeons. Finding the best one will be the most important decision to make.

#tuberousbreasts
#breastaugmentation
#BA

Breast revision, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
My advice for you is to have a breast surgery revision. 
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Your before pictures would be most helpful...

Tubular breasts are a group of findings and it is difficult to say much without the before photographs.  What can be said is that your areola suggest to be like that of a tubular breast and are descended.  Most often a minilift is done to correct this.  

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Circumareola lift possibly

It looks like from your photos that you might need a circumareola lift to lift it as well as reduce the areola.

Breast Revision

From your photographs, in my opinion you will need to have a peri-areolar mastopexy to reduce the size of the areola and center it more on the breast itself. Also, some capsule work needs to be done on the right side to re-suspend that. This is called a capsulorraphy. Ask your chosen plastic surgeon about these options. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts

It would be helpful to have preoperative photos, compared with postoperative photos, taken at a distance and straight-on by a second observer.
However, with the limited photo, it seems to me you may need an incision around your nipple to tighten the front of the breast and reign in the nipples, which are slightly herniated. Whether or not undergoing a revision procedure is worth it to you, depends upon how bothered you are by the appearance. Discuss these concerns with your surgeon, and if still dissatisfied, perhaps a second opinion.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Bilateral breast augmentation to fix tubular breasts, why do they still look odd?

Many tuberous breast issues need 2 operations as in this case! The second operation could be very minor touch up to areas.