How much does an arm reduction surgery run and what is the approximate recovery time?

What is the pain level post surgery on a scale from 1-10 ?

Arm lift arm reduction brachioplast cost recovery time arm liposuction pain after arm lift

Thank you for your question about an arm reduction, arm lift or brachioplasty. I commend you on your choice of words.  Many people including plastic surgeons, incorrectly call the “arm reduction” an “arm lift”.  During an arm reduction, arm skin and fat are removed. Technically, during an arm lift, the arm is just lifted and nothing is removed.  So, thank you for calling what it is, an “arm reduction”. 

In regards to the price for an arm lift, the cost varies by region, your doctor’s experience, and complexity of your individual case.   Do not simply decide to have surgery with the least expensive plastic surgeon you find.  Complications from an arm lift can and do happen and arm lift revisions can become very expensive. I would suggest you schedule appointments with 3 to 5 board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in arm lift surgery. Ask your plastic surgeon to show you at least 50 before and after pictures of their arm reduction patients. If they cannot produce this number of before and after arm lift pictures, move on and try to find another board-certified plastic surgeon. Go with the plastic surgeon whom you feel most comfortable with, not the plastic surgeon with the lowest price.

The recovery after an arm reduction is variable.  I would plan on taking off two weeks from work. If your job entails a significant amount of the lifting or moving, I would plan on taking off three weeks from work.  After your arm reduction, you will need to wear arm compression garments for at least six weeks.

If you have any other questions regarding an arm reduction, arm lift or brachioplasty, please contact my office.  Sincerely, Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Arm surgery.

Hello Henrietta. Recovery and pain level will depend on technique and surgeon experience. Costs for this type of surgery is variable depending on regional factors. Call around some office to get estimates. In my hand with the posterior approach, the pain level after surgery is 4 to 5 out of 10. 

Warm regards, Dr. Aldo

Arm surgery.

Warm regards, Dr. Aldo

Arm reduction cost and recovery time

Thank you for your questions. Arm reduction surgery can vary from doctor to doctor, and you would need to consult with a Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon who can discuss a treatment plan that will work best for you. At my practice, the operating room fees, surgeon's fees, anesthesia cost, postoperative dressings, and all of your follow up visits are included in our surgery cost. The recovery time is usually 6-8 weeks, in which we have you wear a garment as well to help with healing. Good luck and wish you all the best!! 

Arm reduction cost and recovery time

Brachioplasty/Arm lift/Liposuction/ Vaser Hi Definition procedures

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Arm reduction surgery may be $7000 to $9000 or so, and you may need 4 to 6 weeks of recovery.

Arm lift

The cost of armlift surgery can vary based on surgeon and geographic location.  There would also be fees for an operating room and anesthesia.   The best way to get a sense of cost would be to call a few local plastic surgeons offices and ask about total cost.

The recovery time until you are completely healed is 6-8 weeks.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Arm reduction surgery pain is well controlled with medicine used during and after surgery

Pain after arm reduction surgery can be significantly reduced with the use of Exparel.  This is a numbing medicine that is injected after the procedure that can give pain relief for days!  Also, oral narcotic pain pills can also take care of any residual discomfort.  As far as the costs go, it is much less than most larger body contouring procedures, but I would only be able to give you an exact answer during a consultation.  This is because some patients have more skin than others or need liposuction as well and the surgery takes longer leading to slightly higher costs.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Thank you for your question!

Brachioplasty Cost and Recovery Time

Hi, thanks for this question. 

Brachioplasty, or arm lift, helps tighten the loose skin in upper arms and can give a firmer and more youthful contour to your arms. At our office in Maryland, a general or local anesthetic may be used, with most patients choosing the general anesthesia. The whole procedure usually takes about two hours and after a supervised time in the recovery room, patients can go home the same day. While every patient is different, a pleasing look is noticeable within the first seven days which becomes even more natural looking over the next three to six months

At our office, arm lifts average between $5,500 and $8,000. Since each individual has specific needs, your estimate could vary depending on several factors. It’s always recommended that you speak with an experienced board-certified cosmetic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options and candidacy for this procedure.

Brachioplasty Cost and Recovery Time

Hi, thanks for this question. 

Considerations Associated With Brachioplasty

A brachioplasty is an extremely satisfying operation for both patient and surgeon, when executed correctly on the appropriate patient.  In terms of pain, it is usually very well tolerated by patients, while, for recovery, we generally counsel patients to plan to take approximately two weeks off from work after the procedure. 

If properly planned, the scar, depending on its length, can placed in a more inconspicuous location on the posterior aspect of the medial upper arm.  The cost of the procedure will vary according to the extent of the brachioplasty, whether concomitant liposuction is performed, the type of anesthesia employed, and whether the procedure is done in a doctor's office, ambulatory surgery center or hospital.

Thanks for the question.  

The arm lifting procedure is a great procedure to remove excess skin and adipose tissue of the upper arms. Is usually a very well-tolerated procedure with most patients reporting pain on the lower end of your scale. 

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  You may also find the attached link, dedicated to arm lifting surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Thanks for the question.