Directly after the filler has been injected into your lips, do you notice vision changes/blindness or does this happen over time

I want to get lip filler, but I have questions regarding the risk of getting blind. Do you directly after the filler has been injected notice eye sight changes/blindness or does this happen over time? If it happens over time, after what period after the injections do you know for sure that everything has gone well and there is no risk of blindness anymore?

Blindness after filler injections

Blindness is a rare complication from any filler injection including substances like hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Restylane), Radiesse, or fat injections.  The complication almost always occurs immediately or within a short time after the procedure.  Certain areas where there are arteries carry an increased risk, such as the mid face, nasolabial folds or glabellar region. An experience injector is essential. In addition, I perform my injection using a blunt tipped canula which further minimizes risk of accidental vascular complications. Hyaluronic acid fillers are the safest because they have the best potential of being dissolved with the hyalurodinase.  

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Filler Injections

The risk of blindness is a very rare complication and happens almost immediately after an event.  It is always important to seek a skilled board certified dermatologist who is an expert in injections. Best, Dr. Green