How soon after my breast augmentation can I start spray tanning?

I'm over 4 months post op and am heading to Vegas next week (yay!). I try to stay away from UV beds but would prefer to have a nice bronze for my trip. Is it safe to get a spray tan after my breast augmentation and nipple lift? Also, will it discolor my incisions? Thanks!

Spray Tanning post op breast augmentation

Thank you for your question!  It is ok for you to spray tan at this point.  I would recommend continuing to protect your incisions from the sun on your trip to prevent changes in your scar pigmentation.  Have fun and best wishes!!

Dr. Tag

Spray tan at 4 months

It should be fine to have a spray tan as long as everything has healed.  Best to always check with your doctor.

Thank you for your question. You can certainly spray tan at this point but be sure to continue to protect your incision sites with the use of sunblock/sunscreen to avoid abnormal pigmentation.  Hope this helps.

Tanning after augmentation

Congratulations on your procedure and trip! Often times open wounds or areas that have not yet healed may be a reason to NOT do any tanning. Consider checking with your plastic surgeon if you have any concerns. Have fun! MMT

Check with you plastic surgeon

Hi There,

This is a great question for your plastic surgeon. Is spray tan an option? 

Dr Daniel Barrett MD

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Spray tan

Congratulations on not choosing sunbeds! There is no reason at this point that you could not spray tan.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

At this point after surgery I do not see why you can't spray tan. Your incisions should be well healed by now. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Spray Tan?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery.   By 4 months post-op your incisions should be well healed and safe for a spray tan. Hope this helps.  

How soon may I spray tan after surgery?

I prefer all of my patients wait for healing of the incisions before spray tan. This usually is at about 6 weeks for most patients. If you spray tan on an open wound you could get permanent pigmentation. The pigment should not penetrate a healed wound. Of course, you should really never use a tanning bed as these may cause skin cancer.