Am I a candidate for chin implant or buccal fat removal?

I am aiming for a more symmetrical heart shaped face . I am not sure what procedure I need :buccal fat removal or chin implant ? I feel like the bottom part of my cheeks are protruding . Thank you .

Aiming for a more symmetrical heart shaped face . I am not sure what procedure I need :buccal fat removal or chin implant ?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is excess fat below the cheeks and the chin is weak with one side of the chin much smaller than the other.  These combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. Liposuction to reduce the excess fat would further shape the face and cheeks. Buccal fat removal will not create full round cheeks or a heart shaped face and can lead to hollowness below the cheeks.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  In your particular case, rasping down the high side of the chin as part of the chin implant surgery would increase chin symmetry while providing harmony and balance to the lower face.

Compared to model, the back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak which can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  

Hope this helps.