5 weeks post op smooth moderate plus. Will they round out at the bottom at all? (Photo)

i am 5 weeks post op with 600cc smooth moderate plus and I feel they are not dropping. i look at pictures i take of them every week and they look the same. will they round out at the bottom at all?

Swelling , some advices:

thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

BA

At 5 weeks the implants have formed a nascent capsule that may prevent them from repositioning lower on your chest wall.  It may be that a revision to recreate the pocket lower on your chest wall will be necessary. 

5 weeks post op smooth moderate plus. Will they round out at the bottom at all?

Thank you for your question.  It can take 3 months for implants to drop into place However I would have expected some movement by 5 weeks.  Please see your plastic surgeon and ask if you can start breast implant displacement exercises and wear a Bando to help encourage the implants to drop.  If that 3 months they have not move downward he may need a pocket revision to allow them to drop into place.

Early in the healing process

Congratulations on your recent procedure! You're still very early in the healing process but look to be healing normally. Your breasts will not begin to "drop" and feel more a part of you until about the 3 month mark. Should you have any concerns, it's best to seek an in-person follow up with your surgeon. Good luck and congratulations again!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implant not dropping

Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck on an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS