I Am 8 Weeks Post Op from Full Tummy Tuck Breast Lift and Liposuction? (photo)

So i cant go for more than an hour with out my compression garment on..... since i had my surgery in mexico, it isnt feasible for me to go back for a check up. it seems like it is taking a super long time to heal. i honestly feel like i have reached a certain point and haven't gotten any better. i have felt about the same now for 2 months. my tummy is sore and hard right in the center. and i think i should be able to feel close to normal by now , BUT I DONT. my belly so numb i get big cramps to

The best thing to do is to find a PS in your local area that is willing to see you and give you there advice. I will say that it takes 6-9 months for you to feel completely normal.

Residual issues after tummy tuck/liposuction

If you are still having issues with your surgical area and going back to your original surgeon is not feasible, the only option left is to seek out local board certified plastic surgeon for your follow up care. As with any surgery, recovery period can be longer than what you normally expect. I tell my patients that you are not completely done with healing and recovering from your cosmetic surgery for at least 6 months, and often 1 year. Managing issues that arise during recovery period is part of the whole surgical care. It's important to have periodic visits, ideally with your operating surgeon, to make everything is coming along just fine.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Surgery in Mexico and now having questions

Thank you for your question and photos.

I would recommend that you be seen by a local surgeon to discuss your concerns.  You may have to pay a consult fee (since you had your surgery elsewhere) but at least your mind would be at ease that things are recovering as they should.

I Am 8 Weeks Post Op from Full Tummy Tuck Breast Lift and Liposuction?

Posted photos appear as an acceptable result. But best to see LOCAL PS for a fee for consult. Fee range from $250 to $500. 

Problems with tummy tuck in Mexico

If you are still having problems months after surgery, I would recommend follow up with a local plastic surgeon if possible. 

Naveen Setty, MD

Addressing concerns

If you're uncertain about your plastic surgery done in Mexico, you should consider seeing a local plastic surgeon. Traveling out of the country for plastic surgery can create challenges like making sure that you have appropriate follow up! Best wishes.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Healing and Recovery Following a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.   

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain.
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Healing can take up to a year..... or more!

The wound healing process following abdominoplasty lasts for over a year.  Most of the swelling, pain and tightness resolves within six to eight weeks of surgery. Occasionally, these symptoms may persist for longer periods of time.  In the case of numbness, it maylast for up to a year following surgery.               
Your pictures suggest a reasonable aesthetic results and your symptoms aren’t unusual for someone whose only eight weeks post-op.  Unfortunately, without a physical examination it’s impossible to rule out a more serious problem.
It’s important to emphasize that post-operative care is just as important as the actual surgical  procedure.  Unfortunately, when patients elect to have surgery outside of thecountry, they find themselves without someone to care for them after surgery.    In most cases this doesn’t represent a significant problem, but in some cases it could potentially have life threatening consequences.  For these reasons, it important to find a plastic surgeon in your area who is willing to assume your care.

Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift, and Liposuction at 8 Weeks Postop

Tummy tuck combined with liposuction takes longer for swelling to come down. At 6 months, you will look much better than at 8 weeks.

Several possibilities may be present

Thank you for the question and photos.  There may be a few issues at play here and proper diagnosis and management will require an in person evaluation.  I would call around to your local board certified plastic surgeons and see if you can arrange an examination/evaluation.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to take on the potential complications associated with surgery performed by another surgeon out of the country but some will.  You should be prepared financially and with regards to time off of work as a revision surgery may be needed if fat necrosis or pseudobursa is present.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD