What is the best type of surgery to lift my breasts and have more volume? (Photos)

Do I need to have an anchor scar to lift up my breast? Can I get breast implants without lifting the skin?

What is the best type of surgery to lift my breasts and have more volume

I think the best option for you is an implant along with a lift. You might be bale to get away with just the lollipop scar but I think that will be better than just an implant alone.

Do I need a lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Without a proper examination which includes taking precise measurements of your breasts, it is not possible to tell you exactly what type of lift you would require.  From the photos, you will likely benefit from a lift because of the shape/nipple position/skin excess.  Best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who can go over your options.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,To be clear, there is no shortage of surgeons willing to give you exactly what you ask for, a breast augmentation. However, you will soon realize that it wasn't what you really wanted. It is natural to fear scars, thinking they will be noticeable or unattractive. In reality, what a woman focuses on most after any breast surgery is breast shape and nipple position, not scars.  Additionally, scars end up much less noticeable than a majority of women imagined. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast lift

Thank you for your photo. Although your nipples are covered, it appears you may have some early drooping of your breasts. It is possible to have breast implants alone, although you are may feel that your breasts appear suboptimal and still low after implant surgery. If your priority is increased size, you can combine the implants with a small lift around the nipple to help tighten some excess skin and reposition the nipple into a more youthful position. This will help you avoid the more obvious "anchor" scars that some women with severe ptosis (or drooping breasts) have. If you do not want a larger breast size, then a breast lift alone can be performed but this would require lifting the skin. It is best to have an in-person examination to determine the best implant and techniques to use and so that the location of the scars can be demonstrated to you. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to benefit from a traditional mastopexy.  Make sure you see some experts in your area for more information.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Lift or no lift

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, I would recommend a Lollypop lift with a moderate sized implant. I do not feel that implants alone can get you as nice a result. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that performs breast surgery regularly.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

Hello, thanks for sending your pictures and for your inquiry. Depending in what kind of volume you would like it would determine if you need implants or not, and in that case what size. For the lift I suggest the lollipop lift, but it would be better to have a physical examination in order to give you a more accurate advice.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What is the best type of surgery to lift my breasts and have more volume?

It's a good question. You have sagging of your breasts that would benefit from a lift. Measurements are taken in the office to determine what type of lift, but this would most likely be a full anchor incision. I don't think that you would do well with just implants alone. Implant placement and a breast lift can be performed at the same time. This adds volume to the breast, particularly at the top part in the so-called upper pole. Breast lift and implant surgery are commonly combined, but also commonly separated into two procedures. In my office, whether this is performed as a single, or two stage operation, depends on the amount of lifting that is required. Make sure to see board-certified plastic surgeons for any cosmetic breast surgery.

Lift and implants

Thank you for the question and photos and though an examination is really needed, it would appear that you would benefit from a lift (minimal scar type lift) and an implant to give more fullness.  So see some experts in your area.
Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

You need a lift (mastopexy) + implants.  Breast Augmentation is an excellent way to both add volume to smaller breasts and when combined with a lift, it can restore a youthful appearance for breasts, like yours, that have started to droop or sag. No one wants a mastopexy (lift) but unfortunately some women need them. I would strongly discourage just implants. Implants will cause your breast to sag further and your result will be less than desirable, and will highlight the assemetry they already have. Best Of Luck.