What are the treatments available to smoothen my skin? (Photos)

I have acne scars and redness on my cheeks. What I concern the most is the rough and uneven skin and large pores. Do chemical peel or prp treatment help to smooth my skin? Or are there any other treatments for my current skin condition ?

A Series Of Superficial Peels Or Microneedling Can Help To Improve Skin Tone & Texture

A series of superficial peels, using full strength glycolic acid, Jessner's Solution or low-strength TCA can be very helpful for helping to smooth the skin, add glow, and even out blotchy pigmentation. I did see some very fine, shallow scars, so treatment with medical microneedling may actually be preferable, since this addresses not only tone and textural problems, but can help to refine dilated pores and improve shallow (not deeper) acne scars. I don't think that there really is enough hard science to comfortably recommend the added expense of PRP at this time. Be sure to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician. 

Peels such as Lactic acid or Glycolic acid can help

The video below shows a lactic acid peel. For acne prone skin I prefer a salicylic acid peel, however some patients prefer lactic, whilst others use high strength vitamin A or medium strength AHA peels. All the best, Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. The chemical peel procedures can address acne scars, acne, irregular pigmentation, rough skin and scars. The main chemical that are used in a chemical peel are phenol, trichloroacetic acid, and alphahydroxy acid. Each of these works at a different strength, and each can be adjusted and mixed with other agents, depending on what your specific needs are. We will work with you to determine the exact mix that you need to make the changes you desire to your skin. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon