I am 5 weeks out from ThermiRF on my thighs and stomach. Any suggestions?

I didn't bruise in the beginning but bruises started showing around 3 weeks out and now where there's bruising I have hard lumpy knots under the the skin. Will these go away? What is it? Should I massage them to help them go away?

5 weeks post ThermiRF

Thanks for your question. Bruising, swelling and lumps are normal and will go away with time. Massaging doesn’t hurt and may help with the bruising. Should you not improve please return your doctor to discuss. Best, Dr. Katz

Thanks for your question. The bruising indicates some swelling which is normal. Please allow for this to subside in the next few weeks and continue to follow up with your provider.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Firmness under the skin 5 weeks after ThermiRF

The hard knots are localized areas of swelling and inflammation that are most likely temporary. These resolve over the course of weeks very gradually. Massage may help but is not necessary. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon