Would I be a good candidate for small mid face lift? I want to achieve a taut and tight looking face. (photo)

I have had fillers in the past and it does does address lose skin and wrinkles and fillersee did not last long.

Facelift: Am I a good candidate for midface lift?

I do not think a midface lift is the best option in your case. Filler and skin resurfacing are very good options.  Its best to be evaluated in person to give your treating physician an idea of what goals you are looking to achieve. Your face looks to have very little sagging/looseness. I would suggest looking at restoring or creating more balance between the left and right side of your face with volume and evening skin tone with laser skin resurfacing. . 

Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Probably Not Necessary

Based on your photo, I don't think you need surgery to get the desired results. Of course, it's not possible to provide a definitive answer based on a single photograph, and you should consult a qualified plastic surgeon. You're correct that fillers are temporary, but when strategically injected, they can create a more youthful appearance.  My Toronto patients quite enjoy the longer-lasting Juvederm Voluma, Volift and Volbella. Your skin appears to retain most of its elasticity, and I think you could benefit from fillers. It's also worth looking into nonsurgical skin rejuvenation options. Best of luck!

Marc DuPere, MD

Ood candidate for small mid face lift? I want to achieve a taut and tight looking face. (photo)

thank you for the question and photo. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. However, from reviewing your photo you may benefit from fillers and skin resurfacing. You have already had fillers in the past you mentioned but since you don't appear to have jowls. It may be better to have skin resurfacing to see if it tightens the skin. I would recommend to schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Midface improvement

Hi and thanks for posting your question and photos on RealSelf!!Based on the limited information I can gather from the picture you posted, you appear to be young with good skin and minimal laxity. Your concerns may very well be improved with a combination of skin resurfacing and fat grafting. This would allow for improvement of volume in areas that you desire it with your own fat harvested from areas where you have a bit extra. 
I would highly recommend seeing a reputable, board certified, plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.
Very best wishes in reaching your goals!

Answer: Face Lift Candidate

Thank you for your question! It is difficult to determine if you are a "good candidate" for a face lift without full assessment of your anatomical features. My best advice would be to schedule a consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss your main concerns, goals, and realistic outcomes of suggested procedures and treatment options (if any). I hope this is helpful to you!
Be well,
Dr. Todd Hobgood, MDtoddhobgood.com

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want to achieve a taut and tight looking face. (

A taut and tight looking face is almost never a natural looking face. As the tightness from the last procedure stretches away you will want another only increasing the unnatural look to the face and so on. You can chase it forever and never get perfect tightness. You will however achieve a  perfect strange look.
 I think you look OK myself. I'm not sure where I would fill to make you look better.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift

A midface lift would tighten the midface.  However, you have very little sagging and a midface lift would be a lot of work for very little gain.  A combination of fillers and Thermage would go a long ways towards tightening your midface and they are non-invasive.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Would I be a good candidate for small mid face lift? I want to achieve a taut and tight looking face.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front) even though they are fuller towards the outer portions of the cheek, there is no evidence of "jowls" but I suspect that the chin is weak (can be confirmed with a profile view).  These factors combine to create a wide, oval shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is  weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

Since you don't have "jowls” which are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift, this wouldn't be warranted.  (I have included information below as a reference.) The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.  In your particular case, Cheek Augmentation would soften and feminize the entire face using either a dermal filler or cheek implants for a permanent enhancement.  If the chin is conformed to be weak, then a dermal filler or a chin implant can be used to provide chin projection creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

Hope this helps.

Small mid facelifts do not produce good results.  In fact midface volume creation with a filler such as Voluma does a much better job of correcting midface aging.  If a face lift is needed a full face and neck lift is the only procedure that I do as to do less results in inadequate results and an unhappy patient.

See a board certified surgeon

You really need to see a qualified plastic surgeon in person to determine if you are a good candidate for surgery.  We cannot always tell from a picture because a facelift will include muscle work, as well as a determination of skin laxity, among other criteria.  That said, I bet you will find surgeons will suggest filler for you.

Gregory D. Roberts, MD
Richardson Facial Plastic Surgeon