Dent in nose bridge 10 days post rhinoplasty? (Photo)

So i had rhinoplasty 10 days ago and i noticed a dent in my nose , i new if i asked my doctor he'd say its because of the swelling but i don't it is because i already had it before rhinoplasty and i thought he'd fix it since he broke the sides of bridge but it seems like he didn't

Dent after rhinoplasty

It's difficult to determine with confidence what the ultimate shape of a nose will be initially after rhinoplasty. It becomes easier as time goes on as the swelling recedes. I tell my patients 6 weeks is usually a good time to take stock as a lot of the swelling will be gone. Trying to figure things out at less than 2 weeks can be done but its not as accurate. However the bigger the issue, like an unwanted dent as the case is here, the more likely the correct judgement can be made. So with experienced hands, as it's a case of how the nose feels, sometimes a decision can be made. Since your surgeon has more experience than the patient, I recommend asking his opinion.

Dent after rhinoplasty

Since it has only been 10 days since your rhinoplasty, you can expect to have swelling.  And because of this swelling, it is difficult to judge the nose.  With time,  the swelling will go down, and you and your surgeon will be able to make more clear judgements. So, for now, be patient and continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only ten days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD