Are my African American rhinoplasty goals realistic? (Photo)

I would like to have a rhinoplasty done. I am seeking more of a westernized rhinoplasty. I would like to change the size, length, width, and projection of the nose. While also creating my bridge. ALso, what doctor would be good for this procedure.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Ethnic rhinoplasty?

You will not get a nose just like the one you showed since your skin is thicker. You can however have a more refined and natural looking nose if you choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses.

Rhinoplasty for wide noses #plasticsurgery

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will tell you that achieving an ideal nasal appearance in patients with ethnic nasal features such as a unsupported nasal tip, wide alar base, wide nasal midvault width and thick nasal skin can be a real challenge. Seek out an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon in your area. Its a good idea to meet with two or three doctors before making a decision.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Ethnic rhinoplasty patients have different desires as far as cosmetic outcomes are concerned. Some want subtle changes and others want more aggressive changes.

The changes you seek are possible but make sure you consult with an experienced ethnic rhinoplasty surgeon.

This is why computer imaging and in person consultation is so important. You also have to make sure that the surgeon has the experience with ethnic rhinoplasty to achieve the results you are looking for. This can only be done by looking at before and afters and speaking to former patients.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS