Am I a candidate for tummy tuck, panniculectomy or lipo vaser? (Photos)

I had an ectopic pregnancy 6 years ago that required emergency surgery and left me with a horrible pocket of fat around the lower belly where the scar is. I exercise and eat clean but can't get rid of that fat. I'm 1'64cm - 64 kg and 33 years old. I don't have kids but my body looks like I had them Is it a real expectation to have a flat belly after surgery?

Liposculpture

It's my pleasure to answer your question.From what i see in your pictures you are a candidate for the liposculpture surgery.Sincerely,Dr. Aramis Vega

Abdominal improvement

Thank you for your photos. A tummy tuck or panniculectomy are larger operations requiring a larger scar and downtime. You can achieve your goals with liposuction and a scar revision. The liposuction can help remove the excess fat and improve your general contour while the scar revision will improve the existing scars while also removing a small amount of excess skin to help tighten things up. It is best to have an in-office evaluation to come up with the best treatment plans to achieve your goal and to demonstrate what to expect in terms of results and scarring after your treatment. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Liposuction

Thanks for your question and photos.  A physical exam for your situation would definitely be best but based on what I see alone you appear to be a candidate for tumescent liposuction.  See some experts in your area for more information.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Liposuction Candidate

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for posting your pictures, you are a great candidate for liposuction and a scar revision, you have a very nice structure to start with and low levels of fat which will give you a very good outcome.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for tummy tuck, panniculectomy or lipo vaser?

Thank you for the photographs. It looks like you would be a good candidate for a scar revision and liposuction of areas of fullness. The scar revision would narrow the scar to make it less noticeable. The swelling from liposuction takes months to resolve completely. I would expect that you would see your final result at 6-9 months for the liposuction, and 12 months for your scar to mature fully.

Abdominal Flattening

Hello,From your photos, it appears you'd be a good candidate for liposuction and a scar revision. The type of liposuction (Vaser, laser, ultrasound, waterjet, etc.) is less important than the surgeon performing it, and these additional types of liposuction have never been found to be superior in performance over 'standard' liposuction. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

You would do really well with some liposuc

Hi AlbaNZ,Thanks so much for reaching out. You have a really nice figure and you don't need anything more than a bit of liposuction. Because you don't have a lot of excess belly skin, and also because your belly button is high, a tummy tuck would leave you with a high scar under a lot of tension. The result of that would likely not be better than your current situation. Some liposuction of the abdomen would decrease the fullness and not add much additional scaring on the skin. If your tissue quality is good, your skin will retract and you'll probably have a really nice improvement. Talk to a few people in your area about their specific liposuction techniques, keeping in mind that the type of machine is less important than the surgeon performing the procedure. Keep us posted!Best of luck,Dr. Weintraub

Abdominal options

Thank you for the photos. The fullness you describe is most likely superficial fat above the abdominal muscle which should respond nicely to liposuction. A scar revision could also be done at that time. The possibility of a minor separation of the muscles from the surgery causing some roundness of the lower abdomen would require a formal exam to detect. If present that would require a surgical repair as well.Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and discuss the options for achieving your desired results.Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

From the photos I think you would get a very nice result with a scar revision and liposuction. A mini TT would be OK if you want to get rid of part of that scar in exchange for a different scar low on your pelvis. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Liposuction

Thank you for the question and photos and from them without an examination, which is really needed, you appear to be an excellent candidate for lipoosuction alone.  So see some experts in your area and be evaluated.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD