Do I need cheek implants if so what size and type would you recommend? Also, what filler go tear trough area? (photo)

Doctor Answers 4

Filling cheeks and tear troughs

You have beautiful  skin and facial structure.  I would stay away from implants.  It is hard to assess from the photograph what would be the best filler.  You would probably do best with a combination of Restylane for the cheeks and Belotero under the eyes.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with years of experience in cosmetic dermatology.

Enhancing the appearance of the cheeks and filler for the tear trough

In regard to enhancing the appearance of the cheeks, an in-person exam would be necessary to determine what you may benefit from. Fillers such as Radiesse and Perlane can yield a great result for the right candidate. In general, the best filler for the tear trough is Restylane. Keep in mind that it is important to choose a specialist when having filler injected into the tear trough. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

Fillers or implants

It is really impossible to access what you need from this photo. A filler in your tear troughs will not address the loss of volume in your cheeks. Deciding on a size takes measuring with a number of different sizes and shapes. You should see a qualified surgeon for an opinion.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Tear trough and cheeks

It looks like you could benefit from filler injections to your tear trough area as well as your upper cheeks. I think fillers will suffice. You do not need an implant.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 151 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.