Almost 7 weeks later, Closed Rhinoplasty and I can't see any improvement, please any advise? (photos)

I posted pictures when i was 2 weeks post op, now im am almost 7 weeks and my nose is still swollen , no tip definition , still bulbous , Supra Tip wider and a bump on the bridge that just appeared this week , when i squeeze my nose to taping it makes a water sound , like there is some fluid on the nose, and my nostril are uneven since day one , please drs. i started to panic, what should i do?

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear jejey, I would address any concerns that you have at this time with your surgeon as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase and what your proposed results were. I would ask your surgeon to do a side by side comparison with your preoperative photographs as well. It is still early in the recovery phase and keep in mind you have several more months until the swelling will dissipate and then you can start judging your result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

7 weeks post Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  If you have concerns you should contact your facial plastic surgeon to make sure you are healing on schedule.  Best of luck.   

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon