6 weeks since awful Botox from my dermatologist in chin. Wedding in 6 weeks. I can't stop crying & don't look myself (Photo)

My derm injected Botox into my chin for "pebbly" dents when I smile. 4 units on each side for a total of 8 units. my smile is narrow and I can't smile fully. My face looks too long and skinny. My family and friends have all made comments on how "thin" my face looks and said I look different. I am having a HUGE wedding and I am very self conscious. I'm upset I trusted her! Is 6 weeks enough time to diminish the Botox and is there ANYTHING I can do? Filler for volume?? I'm desperate at this point :(

Botox

I can't see much difference in your pictures. 8 units of Botox should wear off in 3 months. Be confident, you have a nice smile in both pictures. There is no chemical to reverse the effects of Botox. Hope this helps.

Chin Botox.

Thank you for your question. Botox to the chin will help to smooth the area. Botox tends to last approx. 3 months. So sorry to hear you do not like the results, you will have to wait for it to wear off.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox to chin

I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience. First, the number of units you had was minimal. And in the lower face Botox rarely lasts a full 3 months. So I imagine in the coming weeks you will notice a big difference and will be back to normal for your wedding. You can try to move that muscle area as much as possible and if you can find anyone in your area who has galvanic energy muscle treatments this can help a lot in making the muscles contract and start moving faster. It takes several treatments but it improves quite well.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox in the Chin area

Botox works well on the face but caution is to be used in the lower face since it can have the side effects you are describing.  It should wear off in the next 3 months so I would avoid other procedures which may make you worse.  I am sure you will be beautiful at the wedding!

Botox in Chin And Unhappy Results

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lasers, botox, and fillers. you may be able to do some radiofrequency tightening / lifting and fillers to comoflague your unhappiess with the chin botox.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Chin Botox

8 units of Botox will not last long and I don't think it has had any un towards affect. I' certain your doctor explained what the function of the chin muscle she injected is and what would be the result of paralyzing the muscles. This is why Botox and Fillers may be done for cosmetic reasons but they are still medical procedures and should be taken seriously. I believe the more you activate the chin muscles by turning out your lower lip the faster the muscle activity will recover.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smile changed after chin Botox

Hello Annie2123,

I'm sorry to hear you have not had the best experience with Botox. I can see how your smile has become narrower in your photos.  If the Botox was 6 weeks ago and your wedding is in 6 weeks that is a total of almost 3 months.  For most people that is about how long Botox will last so you may be in luck.  There is no real way of knowing exactly when the effects will end but it should be very close to your wedding.  

Other than time there really is no way of getting the Botox to go away faster. I would not recommend fillers to try to even out your smile.  Fillers help an appearance at rest such as adding volume to the lips but your problem is with motion.  If you put in filler to even out the smile the filler would be noticeable and likely contribute to a worse outcome.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Less is more

Congratulations!
I feel the more you do at this point, the more problems you will run into. To me, your smile looks great in the photographs. Fortunately, Botox fully wears off in 4 months. Perhaps your chin area will start wearing off before your big day.  Try not to stress over it.
Good luck.