Veneers or Invisalign? Crowded teeth. (photos)

I have crowded teeth that are also at an inward slant. I also find my teeth a bit too small and I am not happy with their colour. What would be the best option for me? Would I be a good candidate for venners that don't need aggressive enamel removal (like lumineers)? I don't really like the idea of "trimming" my teeth. Or should I opt for invisalign/clear aligner? Only my top teeth are bothering me.. Thank you

Veneers to improve esthetics

Hi,  thanks for posting your question and pictures. Based on my experience I feel that you would benefit from veneers to cosmetically enhance your teeth. Although much better and esthetic products are available versus the Lumineers brand.  We routinely do a smile design that is specifically tailored to your facial and esthetic features to ensure the best esthetic outcome. All the best,

Los Angeles Dentist

Porcelain veneers gives the greatest control

Braces or Invisalign will do nothing to change the size, shape, or color of your teeth, and the misalignment appears minimal (making it difficult to STAY when done, even with retainers).  While there will likely be SOME removal of enamel to roughen and shape the teeth, it won't be much and will be replaced with porcelain.  If done by a dentist with training and experience, the result is very durable.

Veneers might be your best bet!

Thanks for a great question, sounds like you've done your research!

For minor tipping and rotation veneers. Can easily correct that, with minimal preparation of the teeth.

Based on the photos you provided, even if you chose to pursue orthodontic treatment, you might still require veneers to improve the size, shape and colour of the teeth.

In our practice I would recommend to our patients a smile design. It's a complimentary engineering of your new smile on a model with wax and on the the computer virtually so you can see the end result before any treatment is started! 

It will help you envision what's possible and decide what is the right treatment option for you 

Good luck,  you're going to have a great smile!

Hisham Kaloti, DDS
Mississauga Dentist

Invisalign will correct the alignment and not the shape nor color, if you do want improvement re shape, length or possibly color then let the dentist evaluate for either lumineer, porcelain veneers, or even dental bonding for the least invasive procedure!

There is a possibility after your complete evaluation re your choices, to possibly ask the cosmetic dentist to have a wax up done so you see if you would like porcelain lumineers, or if they look bulky for you, possibly go to veneers. Of course wax up and complete evaluation has certain cost involved, but it is well worth it.

Best of luck

Veneers or Invisalign?

Veneers would be the best solution in your case. With veneers, your dentist will be able to change the shape, size and shade of your teeth to give you the best cosmetic result. 

Veneers vs. Invisalign , small teeth

Hi:

Invisalign could be a very good option if you only wanted straight teeth, however if you would like to change size, shape and color of your teeth, veneers are the best options.  Since you want a bit larger teeth it is quite possible to get veneers with minimal preparation to your teeth.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Veneers?

thanks for posting the pictures. You are a great candidate for minimal or no prep veneers. Creating a smile that is wider and teeth with a larger profile is the ideal case for a Lumineer type restoration.