Upper Blepharoplasty - Infection and Scarring. (photos)

The inner corner of my left eye got infected really bad, plus it didn't look like it was sutured or closed very well (although my surgeon claims that he did close it) so it had to be sutured on the 5th day, and right now the pus or yellowish skin is going back once again. Plus, please take a look at the outer portion of my left eye, it might be scratched accidentally, so it's kinda deep right now like you scraped it, will it scar and be ugly? PLEASE HELP!

Wound issues after blepharoplasty

It looks like you have a mild separation of the wound edges and inflammation of the surrounding skin. Fortunately, with good local care and possibly oral antibiotics, eyelid incisions generally heal very well even if there is an infection.

I would clean the incision at least twice daily to keep the crusting away, and apply a small amount of antibiotic ointment (I like Bacitracin) after each cleaning. It is very unusual to get a bad scar from blepharoplasty, but it can happen. If you do get a bad scar, a scar revision by excising a small amount of skin may be needed, although that should not be done for many months after the first procedure.

Best wishes

Blepharoplasty incisions rarely get infected

and your appears more consistent with a mild wound separation.  Simple wound care and time will allow it to heal and the resultant scar will be much better than you could anticipate.  Your surgeon wants the best result for you as it is a direct reflection of his/her work so trust him/her to do the best for you.  And if your surgeon isn't like that, then you can vent on social media platforms such as this and yelp.

Curtis Wong, MD

See oculoplastic specialist for eyelid surgery

You need in person examination. If you cannot see your surgeon, see another oculoplastic specialist, soon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Stop messing with your eyelid.

Undoubtedly this was sutured by your surgeon.  This can separate after surgery and it is called a wound dehiscence.  A low grade infection can be a factor in the would separation in which case, it is not a good idea to resuture the wound.  These wound dehiscences heal remarkably well and seldom need to be surgically revised.  Stop messing with the eyelid and let it heal.  Follow the directions of your surgeon.