What type of breast reduction surgery would I need? (photos)

I am an athlete, my breast size slows me down, also having to wear many more layers of clothes to constrain them restricts my breathing. I dont eat dairy products, meat, sugar or alcohol, upon weight loss my breast size change is minimum. One pictures show myself, the other shows the size and shape I would like to achieve What type of surgery is suitable for me achieve this ? Considering the shape of my own breasts, how likely am I to achieve the same shape? Many thank for your time.

What type of breast reduction surgery would I need?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle and weight loss! Breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform, especially from a functional standpoint. You demonstrate your goals nicely; I think your goal photograph is realistic.
 You will find that there are a few different "types" of breast reduction procedures,  all of which can achieve a nice outcome for you. Most important will be: careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (as you have done here).  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

There are essentially two kinds. The most common used is an inferior pedicle which leaves an anchor shaped scar and the likelihood of being able to breast feed. This type tends to have later 'bottoming out' with flattening of the upper pole. The other typre is  a vertical mastopexy which leaves you with a 'lollipop' shaped scar. All breast reductions and breast-lifts have a scar around the areola. The downsideof the vertical technique is that you have less chance of breast feeding. The up-side is a better shaped breast which does not bottom out.

Laurence Kirwan, MD, FRCS, FACS
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Vertical breast reduction technique for improved breast appearance

You appear to be a good candidate for a vertical breast reduction technique using a medially based pedicle. This is a modern breast reduction technique that creates an attractive and lifted breast shape. I've enclosed a link for one of my own patients in which we employed this breast reduction technique.

Breast reduction

Hello and thanks for posting your question and photos.Breast reduction surgery accomplishes many goals: 1) breast resizing to a desired volume that may decrease symptoms of back, neck and shoulder pain, allows for better fitting clothes, allows more activity without discomfort, alleviates rashes in overhanging skin folds.2)breast lifting to a more youthful anatomic position3)breast reshaping to a more compact, youthful shape
A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon should allow for an individualized examination, operative recommendations to help achieve your goals!Best wishes in achieving your desired shape and size.

Rachel Streu, MD

Based on the photo of your breasts and your wish pic, I would recommend an anchor or wise pattern breast reduction to achieve your goals. This will reduce the size and improve the shape of your breasts. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon.

Gregory Park, MD

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, a vertical (lollipop) breast reduction would reduce the size of your breasts and and lift them as well.  This would improve the shape of your breasts, close to what you're looking for.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your photos, you would get an excellent improvement with a vertical or lollipop lift. A small amount of breast tissue needs to be removed inferiorly. You will end up with a shorter vertical axis to the breasts, more roundness, better cleavage and smaller nipple/areolar complexes. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in all aspects of breast surgery for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Breast reduction versus Lift

You can achieve the result shown with a breast reduction versus lift; Both will raise and improve shape of your breasts; however, a breast reduction requires a minimum amount of breast removal based on your height and weight; A consultation is very helpful to provide you a definitive recommendation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

As you probably know, there is more than one type of reduction. Your goal photo is the shape obtained by the Wise (anchor scar) pattern and should be easily achieved for you. There is another common reduction called a vertical lift (sometimes lollipop lift) that would narrow the breast more and give more projection, not the shape of your goal photo. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Reduction Surgery

Hello,The type of surgery that would best fit you is one that reduces and lifts your breasts. This is a breast reduction surgery, and is best performed by ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that do this all the time. Done by a surgeon like this, you will have a high probability of getting exactly what you want!Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS