Tip and bridge of nose still looks big after rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had closed rhinoplasty 16 days ago. I know that I'm still in the early stages of recovery but I don't feel swollen so was wondering if my nose will still reduce in size. What I don't like about my new nose is that the tip looks too round and long and my bridge is still very tall. I used to get bullied because of my nose (see pictures before) so I asked for a straight nose that was slightly lifted and the tip more refined. That's not what I'm seeing. Will my nose get smaller and more refined?

Recovery from rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty recovery takes over one year for the swelling to dissipate. In fact, I tell my patients that they will be 90% healed after one year. It's normal to see swelling for the first 6 months. 

Recovery from rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tip and bridge of nose still looks big

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post-rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed. At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your Facial Plastic Surgeon. 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip and bridge of nose still looks big

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

At 2 weeks, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Donald B. Yoo, MD

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD