Tingling pins and needles feeling 5 days post-op breast augmentation? (Photo)

I got my breast augmentation on Friday 7-1-16 and I'm 5 days post op and I was washing dishes and started to feel this pins and needle feeling on my sutures. Is it that I overdid it or is it normal? I don't seem to have a rupture on either side, but I started to freak out. I'm not bleeding either.

Tingling pins and needles feeling 5 days post-op breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question!  Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation surgery.  This type of sensation is completely normal after only 5 days of surgery.  This can last up to 2 weeks.  If the pain increases or you have any bleeding from the incision you should contact your surgeon.

If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my Breast Augmentation Planner at ABetterBreast.com.

Best of luck to you!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Sensation after BA

Thank you for your question and photo. It is very normal to have feelings like that in your breasts during the recovery process. The swelling tends to put the nerves "to sleep" and as the swelling resolves the sensation returns. Be sure to let your surgeon know at your next postoperative visit. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - pins and needles sensations after 5 days.

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

Such feelings are normal - they are a signal that nerves are recovering after surgery.
Feelings like this can last as long as six weeks.
Be sure to mention them to your surgeon - s/he needs to be aware of all aspects of your recovery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

There are many symptoms that may arise after breast surgery

but as long as your mound is not expanding or the incision getting infected, all those symptoms can be considered normal as they should dissipate with time.  The only real bad things that can happen are bleeding and infection and tingling has nothing to do with either.

Curtis Wong, MD

Post Op Sensations While Healing

Tingling and other sensations which come and go during healing are normal. As your nerves repair and incisions heal you will feel this, but it typically resolves within the first 1-2 months. If you have increasing pain or visible changes, let your Plastic Surgeon know.

All the best