Synkinesis, could I try Botox in that muscle to stop the constant blinking?

I have synkinesis and have had serial botox injections. I have done my neck and around my mouth and even my upper lift. They help a lot with the spasms but do make my paralysis on that side of my face worst. I do not get synkinesis during controlled blinking. Only the spontaneous blinking. Could I try botox in that muscle to stop the constant blinking? What muscle is it? I have seen a number of botox providers and all around not comfortable doing the eye.

Botox has been been used safely for synkinesis treatment. Treatments have to be repeated every few months. Your provider will help you determine which muscles are misfiring and target these specific muscles in order to decrease their activity. It has also been used to treat blepharospasm (unwanted blinking). There is small risk for lid ptosis but it can improve with apraclonidine if ptosis occurs. You should find a provider who is experienced and comfortable injecting that area. 

Katy General Surgeon