Do I have enough skin for a full tummy tuck? (Photo)

I want to get a tummy tuck but my concern is not having enough skin to stretch all the way down afterwards. It seems tighter at the top more than the bottom. I don't want a short looking torso afterwards, I have a low cut c-section scar I want to be cut out as well.

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you so much for reaching out and posting photos. By looking at your photos, you seem to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. Very few patients fall into the mini/modified tummy tuck category. We would love to see you in our Newport Beach or Mission Viejo office to go over all of your options and answer any questions you have. Best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Do I have enough skin for a full TT?

Thank you for your question and helpful photos. 

Yes, you do. Don't worry. I think you will have a very nice result. Please seek a Board Certified plastic surgeon for your procedure moving forward. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Enough skin for a tummy tuck

Although it doesn't feel like you have enough skin, you have enough skin to do a full tummy tuck; this won't shorten your torso. Please see link below for more information regarding optimizing your results.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser H definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck / abdominoplasty

Thank you for providing pictures. Your situate is not that unique. If you look at the link below you will see patients that have more and LESS extra skin than you and were happy with a tummy tuck also called an abdominoplasty.

Releasing the skin allows for an excision of your unwanted skin and tightening of the fascia overlying the abdominal muscles. 

Having a previous C-section scar can make the surgical plan easier. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Full tummy tuck is the way to go

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best way for you to achieve your ideal waistline, abdominal contour without a bulge, and tighter looking skin is with a full abdominoplasty.  Your pics suggest that you would have enough skin to have the scar placed low and be well-hidden. An in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques will help you go over your best options.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Tummy tuck options: How to decide

It is not possible to tell with certainty which of the several versions of tummy tucks is best from only a picture. Whichever version you choose, the scar should be low, where you C-section scar is. It may be a standard full tummy tuck, T-closure, mini, or mini with umbilical float.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck Misconceptions

If you have skin laxity or excess of any sort, then you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty, and in your case, concomitant liposuction of the waist and abdomen. You don't need to have 'enough skin' to pull the little hole that the skin was attached to at the belly button all the way down to be excised. It can be closed primarily.  Similarly, your planned incision and scar placement should always be in the same place regardless of the amount of excess skin you have: at the thigh-abdominal border laterally, and low in the pubic triangle. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform this surgery using progressive tension sutures and no drains. Best of luck!  Instagram: drgeraldminniti

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck candidate

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck

Based solely on your photo, yes, you look to have enough skin for a full tummy tuck. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon