Is there a way to get rid of the long lasting effects of Restylane? 1.5 yrs and counting

Had restylane around my nasal labial folds 1.5 years ago. I just saw a plastic surgeon for hollows and nasal labial shadows. He said that they weren't hollows but were in fact the effect of restylane. I did note that there is persistent puffiness around my nasal area. He said there was nothing he could do to remove the restylane because it was probably just natural protein or collagen at this point. Is there anything that can be done?

Restylane and side effects

It would be highly unusual for the effect to last this long.  I would seek another opinion and consider Vitrase for the area.  Please post before and after photos to help you as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane swelling -- reverse with hyaluronidase and use venus legacy with fractional RF

i find that you can reverse the effects of HA fillers years later but it requires a combination approach.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane 1.5 years

That is quite a while for Restylane to last. But it's not out of the question. There is not a lot of downside to try a smal amount of hyaluronidase to dissolve any small amount that may be there. If that does not work then you can consider other aesthetic treatments by your qualified physician. 

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Long term restylane

There is no way that Restylane could last this long and i dont think the appearance you have is a result of the injections.  you might take a look at a before picture and see how much difference there really is

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Restylane results

Thanks for posting your question. Restylane doesn't typically last 18 months. Most company reps will admit it only lasts about 12 months max and many patients will say closer to 9 months. I agree that there really isn't anything left to remove. What you see is likely baseline in terms of laxity or volume loss. Be well, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon