Returning to work after full body Lipo?

Do you think its possible to return to work after a full body lipo in 3 days? I don't mind if it hurts, I just want to make sure its safe and I won't be leaking or anything at work? I'm sitting most of the times anyways. Also what kinds of clothes can I wear? Like is a loose dress okay, because sweatpants will look very unprofessional. How long after I can fit into my normal jeans (I'm getting lipo on my thighs)? Thank you so much, Sarah

Full Body Lipo

Thank you for your question. Loose fitting clothing such as a dress would be more comfortable yes, but returning to work in 3 days will probably not be enough time for you to heal from a full body liposuction procedure. Recovery can range from 5-7 days for liposuction. For full body lipo a week or so is advisable. Patients will wear a compression garment for the first 6 weeks after their surgery to reduce swelling and bruising as well as to promote proper healing of the underlying tissues. Your board certified surgeon will discuss any other specific recovery instructions or recommendations during the consultation and before the patient’s discharge.Wish you all the best,Dr. Mentz

Returning to work after full body lipo?

Thank you for your question. It would be ok maybe if you had liposuction only in one area, but after a full body lipo you should wait at least a week or two before returning to light activities or work. Best person to advice you is your chosen surgeon. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- RETURNING TO WORK

In my practice with VASER HI DEF you can go back to work at 1-2 weeks.  Back in the gym 3-6 weeks. Best, Dr. Emer.

Dr Derby

Thank your for your question. 3 days is very soon to be able to return to normal dutie even when you do not mind the pain. I would advise you more time to recover. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD