Returning to school after one week?

I'm getting lipo on my abodomen and upper arms, but I have to return back to school 7 days after. Do you think its possible? What kind of clothing do you think I will be able to wear? I want to appear as normal as possible, so nothing seems suspicious. Thanks! Sarah

You should be wearing your normal clothes and going to school 2-3 days after lipo.

There is no reason you can't be wearing your normal clothes a few days after lipo and be back to work or school.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction recovery

Thank you for your question.  Seven days after liposuction surgery you should be fine to go back to school.  You may still be sore and have some swelling and or bruising.  That said make sure to check with your surgeon and make sure to follow his/her protocol.  Covering your compression garments shouldn't be a problem if you wear lose, comfortable clothing.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Liposuction recovery

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures.  After 7 days of having liposuction you should be fine to return to school. You will probably still feel sore but ready. Best is to follow your chosen surgeon´s instructions. He/she is the best person to advise you.

Returning to School After Liposuction

Most likely, yes, you will be able to return to school 7 days after your liposuction procedure. However, every surgeon has different recovery guidelines for their patients, so be sure to confirm with you surgeon that he/she says it is OK. You will still be wearing your compression garments, so I would recommend wearing loose/baggy, comfortable clothing so no one sees the compression garments. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Returning to school a week after Lipo

I think it is possible to go back to school at 7days. Wear your compression garments on the abdomen and long sleeve blouse or shirt over your upper arms if your arms are swollen or bruised.

Fred Suess, MD

Post liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I suggest beginning massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy, vanquish and cellutone, and hyperbaric oxygen to drastically reduce swelling. Compression is also essential post liposuction. My patients use double compression 24/7, 3-4 weeks post liposuction, and then nightly another 3-4 weeks. Loose fitted clothing will be most comfortable during this time. Please follow up with your physician for any post operative concerns. Best, Dr. Emer

Return to school one week after arm and abdomen liposuction?

In my practice I have patients wear a compressive support binder or garment on their abdomen for six weeks.  Many women like the "Spanks" garments all though some complain that they're warm.After arm liposuction I remove the bandages and never use a compression garment finding it to be unnecessary.  The main issue would be arm tenderness and mild arm bruising that may signal that you've had a procedure.  Plan to wear a loose garment down to your elbows simply for coverup.  Discuss this with your selected surgeon but I think you'll probably have no difficulty returning to school after a week ( or less ).  This I find true for the average patient of mine nearly without exception.  Good luck and enjoy your results. The video above will provide more useful information. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to consult with your operating surgeon as every physician has their own set of unique post operative instructions for their patients.  That being said, typically patients are able to return to light office work and/or school within the first week after this surgery.  The compression garment should be worn for the first week 24/7 and for the next 5 weeks after surgery as often as possible.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Recovery can range from 5-7 days for liposuction. Patients will wear a compression garment for the first 6 weeks after their surgery to reduce swelling and bruising as well as to promote proper healing of the underlying tissues.You should be fine to return to school just sore. Loose clothing can help conceal any concerns comfortably. Be sure to consult your doctor if you have any concerns. All the best,Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Liposuction of abdomen and arms - and school a week later?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You probably can get back to school but you may still be tired and a bit sore.
  • Wear sleeves that go to the elbow or lower - and loose clothes.
  • You will be wearing a garment under your clothes - a loose T-shirt and sweat pants would work fine.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS