What is the range of cost for breast explant, capsule removal, breast lift, and fat transfer at a later date?

I want to get my 430cc mentor saline breast implants removed (capsule included), and then an anchor breast lift performed at the same time. Once my breast have healed I would like to go back in for fat transfer to my breast. I will be paying with cash. What would the total cost be? I would also appreciate any professional advice from doctors that specialize in these procedures.

Surgical costs

There are many variables that come into play with the procedures you are planning.  Some include the surgeon's fees, the anesthesia fees, the extent of the lift and fat transfer needed (the greater the time in the operating room, the greater the expense).  I recommend you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the surgical plan that will best meet your goals.  Some surgeons offer a cash discount, so do mention that during your consultation.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Enblock breast implant explant

It is much safer to do the explant with removal of the capsule ENBLOCK first. Allow for healing and retraction of the skin then decide if a breast lift is needed. Total cost for enblock explant is about $8,000-10,000.

If the lift is needed, that is another surgery, let it heal then think of fat transfer.

You will need multiple sessions of fat transfer to achieve the desired result.

Without photos and an idea of your anatomy this answer can only be considered a general one and not necessarily specific to your situation. Many patients with an implant that size will not need a lift and we discourage patients from doing a lift at the time of explant UNLESS they first have their implants deflated for a minimum of 6 weeks to see how much the tissues will contract on their own. In many instances they find no lift is necessary. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Range of cost for breast explant and capsule removal with full BL and second stage fat grafting.

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Unfortunately without a full series of photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to price your desired procedures.  The reason is that costs depend not only on the type of surgical procedure but also the severity/extent of work that that procedure will entail.  This will alter the amount of OR facility and anesthesia costs.  See a series of ASPS surgeons in your area for consultations. They can price out the necessary procedures based on the California market.  Hope this helps.