Is Radiesses Safe On My Nose? (photos)

Is radissse safe on the nose bridge? How long will it last? Will it improve my nose? I want my nose to lift up near the tip and the hump remove.

Is Radiesses Safe On My Nose?

Radiesse® is ideal for shaping and enhancing bony areas such as the nasal bridge. For more information please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

Yes and no for Radiesse on the nose.

Yes it can be used on the nose, I personally only perform HA fillers on the nose due to the vascular supply- much like Dr Khan. Most, but not all Specialists would prefer HA fillers over Radiesse as HA fillers like Juvederm can be reversed if it gets into an artery, Radiesse can not. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

I would not use Radiesse on the nose

The reason for this is that it is not dissolvable like hyaluronic acids - the nose has limited vascularity,especially in prior surgically treated areas. 

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse to raise the nasal bridge

Thank you for asking about your Radiesse for your nose.

• Yes, radiesse can be used on the nose -
  • I generally recommend Juvederm UP - or other hyaluronic acid filler because they can be dissolved if needed.
  • You should also only have nasal injections by a very careful and experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
  • Why is this so important? Injections in this area are hazardous and filler can end up in blood vessels causing serious damage - only an expert please in the nose and around the eyes.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Fillers for nasal shaping

Fillers can be a great option for shaping the nasal bridge.  However, these injections should only be carried out by expert injectors.  The results can be long lasting and provide some lift to the nasal tip.  However, there have been reports of rare cases of vascular occlusion from fillers in the nose.  So, make sure to seek out an expert and have a frank discussion of risks and expected results.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

While there are several different types of fillers that can be used in the nose, it's often best to use one that is hyaluronic acid based.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm

I like reversible fillers in this area. I suggest an HA filler over radiesse although there are many that do use this filler here.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse and the nose

I use Radiesse on the nose for people who are not sure of undergoing more permanent change. It lasts long enough to give an idea of which way to go with nasal improvement: permanent or continue with temporary. Seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

#NonsurgicalNoseJob

Dear Always:  #Radiesse is used for correcting undesirable an atomic features of the nose, because it has great lift and longevity. However, #Restylane is safer in that it can be quickly reversed if it gets too near or in a vessel. I find that fillers have really impressive longevity in the nose, in some cases, two years and more, so now use the hyaluronic acid fillers much more often than Radiesse.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD