Do I qualify for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Weight loss patient (Photo)

I DONT think I qualify because my skin is saggy/ damaged buy my butt crack is too low, a few docters have told me that i qualify. My issue would my butt look so unnatural because it will be big and round but my crack will be super low. Don't I need a real butt lift like a body lift? I feel like docters are Qualifying because $$ PS. The picture I have here is edited with wierd lighting so the cellulite looks crazy but isn't that bad in real life

Qualifying for a procedure

Many patients see qualifying for a cosmetic procedure in black-and-white. The truth is if you people are ideal candidates for anyone specific procedure. Most patients fall somewhere on the spectrum of being a great candidate or not a good candidate. As you have stated yourself you are not an ideal candidate but that does not disqualify you from the potential of having some nice improvements from cosmetic surgery. Consultations are generally easy and straightforward for patients who are excellent candidates or not good candidates at all. Great candidates can be shown excellent before and after pictures and it's reasonable to set expectations high. Patients who are somewhere in the middle require much more thorough discussion in terms of setting expectations correctly and often choosing between different procedures.  Patients who are just OK candidates often or so because they have more than one underlying condition that needs to be treated. In your case for example there is skin, fat and cellulite. Without question you should have several in person consultations. Expect to get a few different opinions. You're very best results may come from an extended full abdominoplasty with liposuction and fat transfer to the buttocks. Liposuction alone with or without a Brazilian may give some enhancements. What can be delivered and what your expectations or wishes are should be part of a lengthy in person discussion. For patients who have multiple issues and need multiple procedures prices do get expensive quickly. Many plastic surgeons will give discounts when patients undergoing multiple procedures at the same time. I suggest you strategically set up a plan of meeting with at least four different board-certified plastic surgeon's who have expertise or experience with liposuction and fat transfer. Take your time and choose what is going to serve you best. If you don't have the finances it's generally better to wait, save your money until you can do the procedure correctly. Custom medic surgery is the longest lasting investment anyone can make. This is for a lifetime.  Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Thank you for your question and photograph. If you have a BMI of 30 or below and have adequate fat pockets for harvesting you would be a candidate for a BBL. It is hard to tell the extent of your sagging in this picture but if it is minimal this can be corrected and filled out with fat grafting but you may need a buttock lift along with fat grafting to achieve your cosmetic goal. When performing a BBL, the fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the hips and buttocks to build those up and give you that curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination of your body and see if it is possible to achieve your cosmetic goals.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon