Will the patient ever need general anesthesia for tumescent liposuction for Brazillian Butt Lift?

I'll be getting the Brazillian Butt Lift done and I researched this doctor and on his website it said below, "Tumescent Liposuction avoids the need for general anesthesia. Most patients are given 0.5 to 1 mg of oral lorazepam as an anxiolytic agent one hour before the procedure. The patient is also given pain meds prior to the procedure. Infiltration of the tumescent anesthetic is done slowly minimizing soreness and discomfort." Is this safe? Or should I go to a different doctor?

Anesthesia and Lipo and BBL

Thanks for your question.  I personally prefer to perform this procedure under general anesthesia because you have better control of the airway, it is less painful for the patient, and it also allows you to do more fat injections to achieve the results you desire.  You also want to keep in mind that it can be really difficult to numb an area like the buttocks.  The best thing you can do is research the surgeon to ensure they are a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before you make your decision.  I hope this helps. 

Most patients cannot tolerate a Brazilian buttlift with all of the liposuction with only tumescent anesthesia and minimal sedation.  General anesthesia is usually needed for the patient to be comfortable.

Beverly Hills, CA