When getting a second or third opinion about a blepharoplasty revision, should I tell my original doctor the information I get?

I had blepharplasty 10 months ago with fat grafting, not enough skin taken and hard tissue mass under right eye (right eye looks puffy all the time!) is still there. Doctor says it's tissue that hasn't dissolved. He is currently doing three 'therma smooth' treatments to address skin texture he says, then we will meet again to look at eyes. My eyes still look as bad as before surgery. I sent pics a few months ago. Should I tell my doctor I'm getting other opinions?

Getting second opinions and more

are your right and if you're concerned enough to be considering this, you should get one.  As for whether to tell your surgeon or not, that is entirely up to you.  Your second opinion will provide you just that... an opinion.  If you trust your surgeon, let him do his best to help improve your results.  If your bulge persists, Thermi can be used to destroy fat as well.  If your pre-op photos truly have not changed as you say, your surgeon, if honest, will acknowledge this and try his best to get you the best outcome possible.  If there is a big improvement and you're simply looking for perfection, that is a completely different issue and one that is harder to address.

Revision

Thank you for your question! It is hard to tell exactly what you will need without a physical examination!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation, or go back to your original surgeon and discuss your options.   Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified

Plastic Surgeon

Chicago

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon