Once open side congested after septoplasty and slight turbinectomy. 15 days post-op. Any suggestions?

So the side of my nose that was once always hampered by the septal deviation is open. The other side however is slightly congested now. On this now congested side my ENT also did a slight turibinectomy. On the day that I took my splints out I felt like superman and had equal airflow from both sides but after 3 days the turbinectomy side became congested. It is day 15 now after my surgery and it is still slightly congested. Is this normal and when should I expect this to clear up if at all?

#Septoplasty

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon