Can a nose job make my nose bigger? (Photo)

my nose is to small. Can surgery make it bigger? Is it possible to get the nose shape and side I wish ?

Rhinoplasty to build up the bridge

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish building up the bridge, and narrowing the tip, and  narrowing the nasal bones. The bridge of the nose is built up with patient's own cartilage harvested from inside the nasal septum. Computer imaging performed in the office setting would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the procedure. For many examples, please see the link and video below

Nose made bigger

You don't want a "bigger" nose, you want the bridge raised. This is done with septal cartilage grafts.It can also make the nose look narrower. Its a common technique used during several types of rhinoplasty including revision rhinoplasty. Results should be permanent.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Will a Rhinoplasty make my nose bigger?

Yes for what you are looking for you can have a Rhinoplasty and increase the size of the nose. It appears you would like to augment the top of your nose for a better profile and certainly there are things that can be done to give you that result. I would speak with a highly skilled Rhinoplasty surgeon who does these procedures all the time. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear bodyunderconstruction, The answer is yes that your nose can be better balanced with rhinoplasty surgery. Narrowing the tip and width of the bridge as well as augmenting the dorsum will put you close to your desired result. An in office consultation and examination is needed to determine the best course of action surgically. Digital imaging will be able to show you the proposed results so you can determine if these match your desired result from all angles. Seek some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery, you can read many local surgeons reviews on realself and schedule consultation appointments. Once an examination is done you can speak with the surgeon regarding all of your concerns and desires, review the surgeons before and after photographs, have digital imaging done if available, and then you can make a very informed decision regarding your options for surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty to Make Nose Bigger

Your goal to improve  nasal balance is very reasonable. The bridge can be augmented and the tip refined so your "wish nose" can be achieved. You're asking for a very natural result. 

Making the nose larger?

The nasal bridge can be built up using your own septal cartilage. The tip can be refined if that's something that you would like along with narrowing of the nasal bones. Pick a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon does noses that you like and do not rely on imaging.

Rhinoplasty to make a nose bigger

Dear bodyunderconstruction2015,

• You can definitely make the nose a little large to fit your face
  • You would likely need some extra cartilage either from your own rib or a rib that has been donated by someone else (and tested, of course)
  • When you are ready, see a rhinoplasty specialist that can address all of your concerns

Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD

Making the nose larger

The nose can be made larger with grafting as is often done with ethnic noses.  The best recommendation is to have an in person consultation with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and the simple answer is YES.  The how will require a full examination aided by digital photography.  So see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Over rotated tip

Hello. I cant appreciate from the picture the proportions of your nose well. I can see that the tip is a bit over rotated. "de rotating" your tip will make the nose look longer more like the picture you posted. Good luck.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD